1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Amp Question - Daisy Chain vs Both Speaker Outs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ETThompson, Dec 7, 2016.

1. ETThompson

ETThompson

Jan 3, 2011
    I’m the new owner of a MarkBass Little Mark III, swapping it out from an Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 (both great amps, but like the tone of the MB a little better). The Markbass says 4 ohm min load. My cabs are two Aguilar SL112s, impedance 8 ohms.

I guess in wiring this up, I realize I *still*, after all this time, do not fully understand speakers and impedance. I’ve read some of the posts on this forum, and am starting to get it. I understand now that whether I run two lines or “daisy chain” them, I’m running in parallel, not series. In fact, sounds like it's near impossible to run in series anymore.

Does it matter, then, whether I daisy chain them or run out of the two speaker outs on the amp? Is there any problem doing the latter? On the Aguilar, I’d been running one line out of each speaker output. But on the Markbass, there’s only one Speakon output, but there is a second ¼” output. OK to do like I’ve been doing and run one line out of each? Or, since I don’t have a ¼” cable, can I daisy chain them together? Thanks for your help.

2. Either way makes no difference.

3. ETThompson

ETThompson

Jan 3, 2011
    Thanks!