1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Amp Questions

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by Hutzbordello, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Hey Adam first off "Skitzo" is an amazing song, love all the techniques you throw in there

So anyway, Im saving up 400-600 to get a new bass amp so I can play shows and practice with people.

The shows Ill be playing while they may be a ways away, would be smaller, bars, clubs, wherever we can get a gig I spose.

Ive been looking at the GK MB 212, mostly because I've heard good things about GK and this amp. The wattage seems high enough to cover guitars/drums.

However this is the first bass amp Ill be buying so I'm not really sure what to look for in a show worthy amp.

If it helps I play an ESP LTD EX-104 bass, with esp pickups.

Any suggestions on what amps I should be looking at in that price range would a great help, thanks. :help:

2. adamnitti

adamnitti

Nov 29, 2001
    hey there-

thanks for the kind words regarding 'skitzo'. i appreciate you listening!

i have to be honest and tell you i don't have any experience with the GK MB 212... however, i have been impressed with a lot of the newer GK gear.

you're really not going to be able to make a judgment call, though, unless you are able to try that amp out with your bass. if i was you, i would bring my bass to the music store(s) and try to play through as many amps as you can in your price range. there are a lot of choices out there, and you might find that a particular amp is more tailored to your particular preferences in terms of versatility, power, and sound. always try to purchase as much power as you can afford... headroom is of utter priority when you're talking about bass amps, because our low-ended instruments demand so much from them. power gets used up quick when you are pounding away on a low E or low B string! :) hope that helps you somewhat.

if anyone else up here, might be able to shine some light on some other possibilities for hutzbordello in his price range, please feel free to chime in!!!

adam

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020