1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Amp, Some Questions...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Raum, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Raum

Raum

Jun 13, 2007
    I just bought a guitar off someone from Craigslist, an ESP LTD and a Crate GFX-15. One of the reasons I went with this setup is the guy told me I could get a good sounding distortion for metal style playing straight through the amp without a pedal and stuff. I've been playing around with the knobs but I have no idea how to get it to sound how I want. Does anyone have some help? I don't know what delay, flange, overdrive etc all mean or how I use them to get the sounds I'm looking for.

2. Thats a guitar amp, so I dont think you will get a very good sound for bass :(

Try using some overdrive, but dont turn the amp up much, as you could easily blow the speaker.

3. Raum

Raum

Jun 13, 2007
    Sorry if I wasn't clear but I'm using the mentioned amp with the new ESP LTD guitar I bought. I know this is a bass forum, but I was already registered here and I figured it was an easy question to begin with so I just posted here.

My bass is doing just fine. In fact I've been playing it while I wait to hear about my guitar :)