New amp! SWR WM15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Aug 26, 2004.

1. I got it because I didn't really have a choice, nobody carries Ampeg combos on the island, and its $100 minimum to ship a combo out to hawaii.

My first impression was disappointment. It's very crisp, clear loves to be slapped :D But after I messed with the tone controls for a few hours I got a tone I liked.

I killed the horn/tweeter/whatever
    Bass 7-8
    Mids 6-7
    Treble - 3-4
    Aural - 6?
    Gain - 7

Man it's sooo beefy, I'm lovin it. Right now my only complaint is that if you turn the bass to 9 or 10, it turns to complete mud. Also, its highs seem very sensitive, its geared more towards crisp highs than growly lows. Overall though, I'd give the amp a 9.

Anyone else use one?
  2. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    With every SWR amp I've played (including the Workingman's series) if you turn the bass up full it goes to mud or farts out. Just the nature of the EQ I guess.

The Workingman's 15 is a nice little amp. I used it opening for Govt. Mule and for the Cherry Poppin' Daddies (remember them?) on the Horde tour some years back. DI into the PA-great tone!

3. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    i used and abused one for four years of regular playing and it was solid, and sounded great! only sold to help me upgrade to a rack.

i never pushed the Bass knob that high, but that was because it didnt need it that high to sound good. enjoy the amp! it has some really nice features i took for granted, the DI, effects loop, and limiter are things that i used and are features that arent always in rack preamps that i look at.