Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott D, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey guys, today i just picked up a sweet old amp. It's a Traynor TS-50B with the matching 2x15 cabinet. This thing is a beast! I traded my Guitar amp + $70 for it, and man, it sounds great. As of right now, we are using the head for keyboards, and i'm just using the 2x15 with my current rig. So basically, it's 3x15+4x10. It sounds HUGE. i had a bottle sitting in front of it, (empty) and i was playing my Rickenbacker, i was watching the bottle vibrating across the floor. There were 4 pedals sitting on top of the cab, and about 3 minuites of mellow playing they were all on the floor. This cab is great. It's very light for a 2x15 (I can easily pick it up with one hand) and it does not break up or distort at all. The head is pretty good, but it's not really my kind of thing as of right now. I'll get some pics up as soon as i possibly can.

Peace,
    Scott D

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    i bet that does sound HUGE.....i love the sound from my 215 as well!

-Mike

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    whoa...3x15...just whoa....:eek:

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    It's VERY whoa. I wish i could find specs on the cab... like what kind of drivers are in there, the freq. response, efficiency (sp?), etc... Maybe i'll just pop open the back and check it out.

Peace,
    Scott

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well, i popped open the front grill, and i had a look at the speakers, and they are in like new condition! I believe that they are replacements, but i'll take a few snaps of the cab/speakers, and maybe someone can tell me what kind they are? I had this at half volume (which is insanely loud on my setup) and the speakers were pumping out insane bass, and the drivers were barely moving... This cab rocks!

6. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

that head rocks too. dime everything but the gain, and then tell me what ya think.