Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bloodandwhiskey, Jun 4, 2004.

1. well, i finally got around to it and got a new amp. i have a yorkville b400 400watt head running a old yorkville 4x10. i got both used for about $816 cdn. i was just wonder wiht anyone has any experance wiht the head and if any one could tell be how i can pull the most power out of it.

2. To get the most power, push the limiter in, crank the gain, and turn up the volume. :bassist: Also, adding another cab would help. $816? That's a bit steep, where'd you get it from?

3. I got it at L&M i firgured out why it was alittle underpowered, i had pluged the cord going from the cabinet into the wrong spot on the head. anyways its all in good condition and it was the most powerful i could find for that price range.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    do you like the yorkville sound??? some of their recent combos seem to offer good/great price/tone ratio!!!

5. i'm really happy wiht it accutly, i haven't even come close to gettign it up as high as it will go and its already pissed off the neighbours. i think i got my money's worth