new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mixmasta J, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Mixmasta J

Mixmasta J

Dec 4, 2004
    I have been running band practice with this 15 watt crate practice amp, and it just wasnt cutting it. I looked all around and picked up an amp called a databass by peavey, for 250 bucks. 450 watts, tons of settings, cuts through like a knife through butter :p oh I am good at analogies

Anyways, it has an internal fan, and while at practice it is virtually in audible, it can become tiring and Im wondering if I can make this stop somehow. This is only a minor complaint though because this combo amp was a great deal, but Im looking for suggestions...

2. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    I'd leave the fan alone; it's there for a reason.

The Database is a nice compact unit; congratulations.
  3. I have a Databass combo myself.

I suspect that the fan would be essential to keeping it cool under any condition. Possibly even more so since this amp has a switch-mode power supply...

And even if it weren't essential, getting into the amp is a major PITA. It's relatively easy to get the amp chassis out of the wood cabinet, but the chassis isn't easily disassembled...I was going to replace the cooling fan with a bigger one myself, but I saw how the chassis is put together and decided not to mess with it.