1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mixmasta J, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Mixmasta J

Mixmasta J

Dec 4, 2004
    I have been running band practice with this 15 watt crate practice amp, and it just wasnt cutting it. I looked all around and picked up an amp called a databass by peavey, for 250 bucks. 450 watts, tons of settings, cuts through like a knife through butter :p oh I am good at analogies

Anyways, it has an internal fan, and while at practice it is virtually in audible, it can become tiring and Im wondering if I can make this stop somehow. This is only a minor complaint though because this combo amp was a great deal, but Im looking for suggestions...

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I'd leave the fan alone; it's there for a reason.

The Database is a nice compact unit; congratulations.

3. I have a Databass combo myself.

I suspect that the fan would be essential to keeping it cool under any condition. Possibly even more so since this amp has a switch-mode power supply...

And even if it weren't essential, getting into the amp is a major PITA. It's relatively easy to get the amp chassis out of the wood cabinet, but the chassis isn't easily disassembled...I was going to replace the cooling fan with a bigger one myself, but I saw how the chassis is put together and decided not to mess with it.