Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well I've quit the band I was in. Im getting a cheaper truck so im going to have alot more money to spend on whatever it is I want. And right now its a new amp, I got a 4 string, music man sub about a month or 2 ago, and im pleased with everything except the set-up, it wont hold.

Anyways, im getting into heavier stuff and not that the 35w Ibanez amp I have doesn't sound amazing nore is it not loud enough for jamming along to my radio, Im just looking for something loud enough so that if I decide to get back into a band, I'll have the amp I need.

Right now im looking at getting either a 200w ampeg combo, its some portable amp, the name slips my mind right now, an 810 with some form of tube head, or a mesa boogie walkabout scout and extention speaker.

Im open to any other suggestions. I also need suggestions on where to go to get my bass set-up proffesionally.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    are you thinking of the yorkville xm200? (200w 115) or xm200t (200w 210?) both have external speaker output for expandability and are about $550 new.

3. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Nope that wasn't the amp I was thinking about. It was an ampeg 2x8 portabass, 200w.

As of right now I haven't decided if im going to mod the truck or buy a really big amp. Its a 94 lightning, so its mod worthy. But I might be starting a band up again. And were going to be covering a wide range of music. And most of it is extremely loud, so I might have to wait on the mods. But Im not sure what is going to be loud enough.

I might head into jersey on my way home from picking the truck up and stop into guitar center and play some through some amps again.

But even if I decide to go for a bigger amp, I still want to mod that truck, so Im really looking to spend under 1000. The only thing I would go over that would be for a Mesa Walk About. The mods for the truck is going to be around 10K. So I've got some saving to do.