1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well I've quit the band I was in. Im getting a cheaper truck so im going to have alot more money to spend on whatever it is I want. And right now its a new amp, I got a 4 string, music man sub about a month or 2 ago, and im pleased with everything except the set-up, it wont hold.

Anyways, im getting into heavier stuff and not that the 35w Ibanez amp I have doesn't sound amazing nore is it not loud enough for jamming along to my radio, Im just looking for something loud enough so that if I decide to get back into a band, I'll have the amp I need.

Right now im looking at getting either a 200w ampeg combo, its some portable amp, the name slips my mind right now, an 810 with some form of tube head, or a mesa boogie walkabout scout and extention speaker.

Im open to any other suggestions. I also need suggestions on where to go to get my bass set-up proffesionally.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    are you thinking of the yorkville xm200? (200w 115) or xm200t (200w 210?) both have external speaker output for expandability and are about $550 new.

3. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Nope that wasn't the amp I was thinking about. It was an ampeg 2x8 portabass, 200w.

As of right now I haven't decided if im going to mod the truck or buy a really big amp. Its a 94 lightning, so its mod worthy. But I might be starting a band up again. And were going to be covering a wide range of music. And most of it is extremely loud, so I might have to wait on the mods. But Im not sure what is going to be loud enough.

I might head into jersey on my way home from picking the truck up and stop into guitar center and play some through some amps again.

But even if I decide to go for a bigger amp, I still want to mod that truck, so Im really looking to spend under 1000. The only thing I would go over that would be for a Mesa Walk About. The mods for the truck is going to be around 10K. So I've got some saving to do.