1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by EBMan, May 30, 2007.

1. EBMan

EBMan Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    I am looking for a sub $500 amp. How does the new GK Backline 112II (made in China) compare to the previous US made Backline 112? Is there any difference?

What about the SWR Working Pro 12? How does it sound? Where's it made?

Any experience with the Carvin BR12?

What's the best stuff in this price range?

Thanks,

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I lust after that one though I really don't need another rig. Also, in the CLASSIFIED section there's a decent price on the 2x12 version of that.

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Yeah, I saw that one. I've heard the 2x12 version used live by a local jazz/blues band. The bassist was using a Carvin LB70 through the BRX212Neo combo, and it sounded great!

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I've never heard it personally, but for $320 it looks to have a lot of great features and specs. It looks like an overall solid unit.

6. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    I'd love to see a Markbass version of that concept!

7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'd love to see Markbass sell through somebody else besides Guitar center....:mad:

8. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    GC isn't by any means a fave of mine, I prefer dealing with Bass Northwest or the like. Still, it doesn't bother me, and I'm probably about 600 miles from the nearest participating store.

I like the B800 head, but shaving a bunch more pounds off an already light powerhourse combo amp like the ones mentioned here would really be sweet. Carvin seems to be making inroads with their APS PA lplate power amp systems, maybe they'll do something like that with a B800-style front end someday...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021