Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Feb 4, 2002.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey everyone,

I have come to a little dilema and I would like to get some opinions. I am thinking about upgrading my amp from my Ampeg B238 2x8 combo amp to some kind of head/cab setup. I really want an Ampeg 8x10 cab and a SVT4 Pro, but I don't have the money or the space right now. I've basically decided that an ampeg 4x10 cab would probably give me a good sound but I'm not sure as to what kind of amp to get. I'm not in a band, but I don't want to have to upgrade a lot when I join a band. Does anyone have any recommendations for good amps to run through a 4x10 cab? Perhaps an SVT3 Pro?

I doubt it makes a difference but I play a stingray 5 and soon I will be getting a stingray 4 so I definately want an amp setup that will give me a good low end sound.

Any advice or opinions are welcome!! Thanks!

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Go Carvin. It's cheaper and better than Ampeg. With Ampeg your paying for the name. I currently play a Carvin 8x10 and am working on getting an R1000 (their 1000w head). This is a great combo and for the price of the HEAD you are looking at you can get this whole rig! ($1200 for the whole rig)

www.carvin.com

LATE,
    firkinahsouls.com