1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Feb 4, 2002.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey everyone,

I have come to a little dilema and I would like to get some opinions. I am thinking about upgrading my amp from my Ampeg B238 2x8 combo amp to some kind of head/cab setup. I really want an Ampeg 8x10 cab and a SVT4 Pro, but I don't have the money or the space right now. I've basically decided that an ampeg 4x10 cab would probably give me a good sound but I'm not sure as to what kind of amp to get. I'm not in a band, but I don't want to have to upgrade a lot when I join a band. Does anyone have any recommendations for good amps to run through a 4x10 cab? Perhaps an SVT3 Pro?

I doubt it makes a difference but I play a stingray 5 and soon I will be getting a stingray 4 so I definately want an amp setup that will give me a good low end sound.

Any advice or opinions are welcome!! Thanks!

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Go Carvin. It's cheaper and better than Ampeg. With Ampeg your paying for the name. I currently play a Carvin 8x10 and am working on getting an R1000 (their 1000w head). This is a great combo and for the price of the HEAD you are looking at you can get this whole rig! ($1200 for the whole rig)

www.carvin.com

LATE,
    firkinahsouls.com