new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jtd125, May 6, 2002.

1. jtd125

Mar 16, 2002
    Agoura Hillis, CA
    whats going on every one. its new amp time. i got $1400 what is good. thanks
  2. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

We're going to have to have more info on what you're looking for, such as:

What type of music do you play?

What "sound" are you looking for?

Do you want a head/cab setup, or do you prefer combo's?

Any other info that could give us an idea of what you're looking for will be a big help.
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    like i always say go look at carvin.
    i was at samash and the nicest amp setup i played on was a hartke head and a fender 410 and a fender 15. sounded better than all of the gk the swr's. it was like they were built for each other.
    i mean awsome! and plenty loud. go for a hartke 7000 and then a 410 and a 15 if you want to save money go with avatar. they sound awsome also. just do a search for them on here and nothing but good!
  4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Spend money on a clean power supply and quality cabinets. Those should be your priority.

Between $400-$700 you can get a Carvin or QSC power amp, both good deals with loads of power. QSC RMX2450 is a powerful mofo.

I like the 210/115 setup I use for cabs. The 210 gives you a portable small room rig. The 115 make for a nice stack. I use BagEnd Cabs. You can plan on spending about $400-$600 per cab. You can start off with one and add the other later.

You'll also need a Pre amp - Ampeg SVP-Pro. Good value, all the tone variation you'll ever need. About $475

For New equipment, you can probably count on speding all $1,400 and still need a second cab.

Look on E-bay or other used sources. You could probably get a monster rig like this for around $1000 including both cabs.
  5. jtd125

Mar 16, 2002
    Agoura Hillis, CA

I play in a band that has 2 guitarist and a loud drummer. my band has many styles. jazz funk rock blues. we do a bid of everything. I ave been looking around a bit and i saw the SWR super red head combo. does anyone know anything about it? as for sound, i really dont care as long as it doesnt sound bad. Thanks
  6. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Everyone else will think I am on crack but I do not like the Super Redhead Combo. My opinion is you should go with Hartke, get the HA7000 with a 4x10 and a 1x15.
  7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    go with the hartke and the 410 and the 15
    the red head didn't sound bad but not really good
    over priced