Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New amp!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass87, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Hey everyone
    I know youre all not excited as me about this but I just got my new amp about a week or so ago! Its a SWR La 15 100 watts, 3 EQ with piezo tweeter. I got a nice tone out of it straight away and it seems very versatile. Ill have to wait until my next big band practice in the new year to see how it cuts through with other instruments. Im happy though :) What do guys think of it?

SWR La 15

2. LAs are decent, i have tried a few at guitar center. But, the working man is were the famous SWR tone can really be heard

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    bass87 that's a nice, tight little amp you've got there...it'll last you a long time and you should be very happy with it. In time you'll want to graduate to something bigger with more power but for practice and small gig's it'll do great.

4. don't kill me for what i said, i do lack the experience but that was just my opinion

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    just be careful with that overdrive pedal while you have the piezo on or you won't have a piezo for long...

6. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    ?

Could you explain that a bit better? Not sure what you mean...

7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    horns/tweeters don't do well with distortion. they tend to blow out when you have them on and too much distortion is introduced...

8. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Ah, is that why most guitar amps etc generally don't use tweeters?

9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    yes sir that's part of it... :)