Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jonasp, Mar 14, 2003.

1. My current amp is a Peavey TNT 115-BW. It is a good amp, but it is very staticy and cuts out a lot. So, i've decided to look into a new amp. I play in a band with drums and guitar. I want to get a Behringer Ultrabass 1200. It is cheap and will be more power than I will probably ever need. My guitar player says "Dont waste your time on combos". In a sense, i do agree. But not everyone can afford a half-stack.

Here's my question. Should i just get the combo and sell my Peavey? Or keep playing my Peavey and save up for a head and cab (i am thinking an Ampeg half-stack or for a little more money a Carvin full-stack)? What do you guys think?

2. I use an Ampeg B2R and avatar 410, i recommend it.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Pete, for a split second there, I thought you were me :) Cool name!

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I haven't tried one, but based on what I've read, I doubt the Behringer will be as loud as your PV. If the only thing you don't like is it's static and cutting out, you could have it repaired.

5. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Well first of all, what is your guitarist using. Then U have to tak into consideration the distance between all three instruments.

I'll give U more when U give me the info.

Dont worry, I'll look for U, gott nuttin better to do cept play my bass.

thnx,
    l8r

6. I love my Peavey...minus the static, cutting out and the weight. I really dont want to put any money into it. I bought it off of EBay and it has always had this problem. The Behringer would not be close to as loud my Peavey is.

My guitarist uses a Fender Half Stack (Stage 100, i think). Piezoman, what do you mean the distance between all three instruments?

Thanks...any more advice is appreciated.

7. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    If you love your PV, and don't want to fix yours, why not get another? I've heard lots of good things about the BAM 210.

8. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Pete, I'll bet it's nothing big. Prolly an input jack or resistor. Bring it to a small private guy and ask him. PVs are tanks.

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i've never seen soooo many "pete's" on one board. :eek:

10. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    sry but I have to milk U 4 more info. I need to know your general price range, how much youre selling the peavy 4 and wha kind of music do U play. If you have a demo, post it on the site.

I'll give you more with more info or just e-mail me the nuggets or even PM.

thnx,
    l8r

11. My band plays punk rock...i guess. I can spend as much as i want. I really dont want to spend a whole bunch. Like maybe $5-600. I would post my PV on e-bay and try to get atleast 150. I paid $400 w/shipping. You can go to my website and checkout some demos. These demos are from when we had 2 guitarists. I was looking at an Ampeg half stack (in MF for $1099). Anymore ideas? Thanks, Pete