Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    Well I finally decided to get a new practice amp for my birthday. So I went to guitar center Danvers expecting to get some cheap little combo. As soon I check my bass in, what is sitting there right on the top of the stairs? THE SWR WORKINGMANS 1x10 I've loved for so long. And then I saw the price tag: $249 :eek: . I practically jumped on the thing, I didn't even need to try it out (I've played it so many times) I grabbed it, took it to the front, now its sitting happily in my room.
    Anyways, now on to the amp. This thing is just amazing. The tone is so flexible, every setting sounds good to me. Wether its slap with my dean, or smooth jazz on my fretless, this thing handles. And with power! Has so many features too, direct out, aural enhancer, ext. spk (100watt op.), 3 way speaker switch, effects send/return, and tuner out. This has to be the loudest 80 watts i have ever heard. I can easily get away with our monthly coffee house gigs. Not to mention It's only 32 pounds, and the size of a 3cd stereo reciever! This thing is built solid, and extremely portable. Great buy! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. Gret amp, Dean_CustomJazz. Is that just a practice amp or is that your only amp?

3. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    Its now my practice/small gig. My main rig is
    Rack: Sabine RT1700 tuner
    Hartke HA3500 head

Cab:
    SWR goliath Jr. (2x10)

4. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I got some pics of the amp:
    [​IMG]

5. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    The controls (volume, aural enhancer, bass, midrange, treble, effects send/return, power)
    [​IMG]