Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RobinTielens, May 27, 2003.

1. I am looking for a new amp because the amp i have now is way to small i am looking for a good amp for around $ 500
    Who knows one?

2. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    New or used?

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  4. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Maybe Ashdown abm300, but it's little more than 500$, but according to your profile I can't see if you need just head or cab, too, or combo. If you need new combo for 500$ maybe it's time to think about some extra work.:p :p

5. Well it doesn't have to be that big but i am searching for a combo but i don't go higher than $750

6. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    You should check some trace elliot, peavey or warwick combos. :bassist:

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i hate combos
    my advice, dont get a combo
    get a seperate head and cabinet(s)
    why?
    because you can always upgrade down the road and still use some of your equipment
    most heads will only drive down to 4 ohms so if you get a head and a 4 ohm cabinet you're done unless you replace one or the other
    if you get a head and an 8 ohm cabinet you can always add a second 8 ohm cabinet later
    dont get a combo unless you really have to
    and don't be afraid to get used gear - most of mine is (how else do you think i could afford the gear i listed in my profile? lol)