1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Ampeg BA 210 vs Fender Rumble 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geetarluke, Jun 11, 2014.

  1. Ampeg BA 210 v2

  2. Fender Rumble 500

  1. geetarluke


    Oct 21, 2013
    Does anyone have any thoughts on how the new Ampeg BA 210 will compare to the Fender Rumble 500?

    I have an Ampeg BA 210 pre-ordered (which was supposed to be shipping in June), but now I am hearing it is going to be October. Should I wait it out for the Ampeg or go with a Fender Rumble 500? I really like the wedge concept with the new Ampegs since I often have a hard time hearing myself. Thoughts?
  2. Linnin


    Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    If you need a new combo right now, I would definitely go with the Fender Rumble 500. There are a number of options to kick the combo back or raise it up or both. Once the Ampeg comes out make an A/B comparison and go home with the one that sounds best to you at stage volume with whatever band you are in at the time, but that's only if Ampeg can come out high-stepping with a reliable road-worthy/gig-worthy product that is competitive on the world market.
  3. JimmyM

    JimmyM Supporting Member

    Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, that all depends on how desperately you need a combo. BTW, I have not heard anything about them getting pushed back to October. Could it happen? Yes. But Ampeg's pretty good about hitting deadlines.
  4. High Camp

    High Camp

    Oct 3, 2013
    At Zzounds.com it says expected 25th of July...
    Maybe Geetarluke lives in Europe like I do, where we have to wait longer, pay more (because of duties)...we really have a hard time here...;)
  5. geetarluke


    Oct 21, 2013
    I don't need to have a combo amp right now, it would just be nice to not have to lug around my Ampeg 810. I'm thinking I'll wait it out. By the way, I pre-ordered the amp in May (which is when Ampeg said they would be released) from Sam Ash. When I ordered they said it would ship at the beginning of June. I called them last week to get an ETA and they said they now won't be shipping any until October. So I continue to wait...

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.