New Ampeg BA115 already has issues after one week.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by syciprider, Aug 1, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It started buzzing loudly while I was playing "Carnival" with the E dropped to D. Volume was HOA friendly and I was in my bedroom, not a gig. First I thought it was my Jazz but when I switched basses, I still got the buzzing.

It goes away when I roll the treb off.

I'm sure GC will take care of it but I'm disappointed.

My Behringer is laughing her ass off.
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    did it buzz ONLY when you played?? OR when you stopped, you noticed it, or lifted your fingers off the strings?? where you playing near a tv or computer monitor that was turned on? neon or fluorecent lights in the room? electrical buzzing can come from many directions. make sure you are hooked up to the amp with a shielded "musical instrument" cable (should be written on the wire) and not a "speaker cable".

I've almost always had trouble with electrical buzzing on all four guitars I've owned. I usually turn off my tweeters or especially try to keep the treble near +- 0

buzzing and feeling under powered are the two most common problems next to having trouble finding the "tone" you like. IMO
  3. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I got a new BA-112 about a year ago and when I got it home it had a weird buzz and rattle. I took the whole thing apart before discovering that it was just the little steel reinforcing strap inside the carring handle on top.

OK, pretty dumb, but I got to see the guts and construction up close and personal.

Rattles and buzzes can be anything you can imagine and a lot of stuff you can't.