New Ampeg Combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, May 5, 2001.

1. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Seen ads for new Ampeg Combos lately, they seem to have digital effects and stuff.. What's the deal with the BA-210SP?

Seems to cost as much as Ashdowns combos, how's the sound quality?
  2. Tsal, Log on to the BA-210SP was reveiwed in their May issue and is also posted on the web site. I was recently shopping for a combo and considered this amp but was unable to find a store that stocked it (as of yet) to try one out. My gut feeling on them however after reading the reveiw and having played thru other BA series on several occasions is that while they have a very nice ampeg like sound to them , lets face it these are the enrty level series to ampeg bass amplifiers . The added digital effects and 210 speakers along with the 200 watt rating has made this amp list for over $900. while they can be had for around $600 to me thats too much for an amp that I personnally probably could'nt gig with and for just $175. more I was able to buy an ampeg B2r and a Bag-end S15-D that IMO is certainly a step up from the BA series. If I had money to burn I'd love to have one for the practice room or bedroom , bassplayer says they are a tweakers dream come true
  3. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I've yet to try those new combos,but I got a B248 and a Bag End 15 used a couple months ago,and they rock.The B248 is the same head as the B2R in a combo box containing 4 eight inch drivers and a small tweeter,and with the Bag End as an extension the rig puts out 350 watts and sounds very nice to my ears.