1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Ampeg PR-410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dikger, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Just hooked up my new Ampeg pr-410 hlf to my svt 4-pro. Wow what a combo! It has the deepest warmest sound that I have ever heard imo. With the horn turned up about half way, it has all the high end I would ever need or want. Both my jazz and my Spector sound phenominal, with minor volume and db padding for the Spector. I would highly recommend the combo. Any comments?

2. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I recently got the PR-410hlf to go with my SVT-3 Pro. So far I'm very pleased with the sound, but I haven't had a chance to jam with the band yet. I have a Spector, Cirrus and a P bass and they all sound good through this set up. My only complaint is that cabinet is a heavy little mutha!

3. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I love that setup, I use the same but sometimes add an Aguilar 2x12 in stereo mode for some extra sound. It sounds good with both my Zon Legacy 6 and my Brubaker NBS-6. And also with my Clevinger Deluxe 5 elec. upright.

Congrats.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Congrats on your new cabinet!!!

I think the PR-410HLF is Ampeg's best kept secret as far as cabs go.

I'd own a pair myself except my back couldn't take it!!!

5. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    I was originally going to get the 8x10 but now im having second thoughts on realising what a bitch it would be to travel with, and also it doesent matter how big the thing is, aslong as its got a decent tone and plus it would be going through the PA anyway, well all gigs i go to theres a PA so that would make sense..

So i was looking through on Ampegs site, and the PR-410HLF caught my eye, a nice 4x10, with 3 subwoofers at the bottom, and it would be easier to transport.. so is this a decent reccommended cab?

6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Bump..