New Ampeg PR-410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dikger, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Just hooked up my new Ampeg pr-410 hlf to my svt 4-pro. Wow what a combo! It has the deepest warmest sound that I have ever heard imo. With the horn turned up about half way, it has all the high end I would ever need or want. Both my jazz and my Spector sound phenominal, with minor volume and db padding for the Spector. I would highly recommend the combo. Any comments?
  2. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    I recently got the PR-410hlf to go with my SVT-3 Pro. So far I'm very pleased with the sound, but I haven't had a chance to jam with the band yet. I have a Spector, Cirrus and a P bass and they all sound good through this set up. My only complaint is that cabinet is a heavy little mutha!
  3. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I love that setup, I use the same but sometimes add an Aguilar 2x12 in stereo mode for some extra sound. It sounds good with both my Zon Legacy 6 and my Brubaker NBS-6. And also with my Clevinger Deluxe 5 elec. upright.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Congrats on your new cabinet!!!

I think the PR-410HLF is Ampeg's best kept secret as far as cabs go.

I'd own a pair myself except my back couldn't take it!!!
  5. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    I was originally going to get the 8x10 but now im having second thoughts on realising what a bitch it would be to travel with, and also it doesent matter how big the thing is, aslong as its got a decent tone and plus it would be going through the PA anyway, well all gigs i go to theres a PA so that would make sense..

So i was looking through on Ampegs site, and the PR-410HLF caught my eye, a nice 4x10, with 3 subwoofers at the bottom, and it would be easier to transport.. so is this a decent reccommended cab?