Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ampeg SVT1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lync, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    unless you were gonna get an old svt i dont know why anyone would opt to get a non rackmountable head. I realize it looks more classy, i think looks wise its cooler, but much less functional. Realistically a touring band is gonna throw their amps around and wouldnt you rather have it in a rackhead with your effects and such. I have the ampeg b4r so ill be checkthing this head out, but i think ill stick with mine if thats the only difference.

3. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I guess if you want the look and more power, this is the amp for you.

Must be coming out since it isn't on the Ampeg website...

4. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    I already miss my SCT200T. :(

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Lync,
    How did you find that? I looked all over the Ampeg site and didn't see it. My slow computer could only download part of the picture but I would agree it looks likea B4r in the wooden ampeg case. Just like the SVT 350H is the same as the B2r.

My bass in your,
    I assume you meant SVT200t. I still have mine and it sure is a sweet amp. I just wish they would make a more powerful version with that same pre amp section. (tone controls etc...)

6. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I was GASin' for a B4R, and remembered that there were large pix of Ampeg stuff on the www.stlouismusic.com website.

There was a folder that was called "new for 2004" or something like that.

I may take a beating for this, but I actually like the tone of Ampeg solid state stuff :help:

I love my B2R, but more headroom never hurt anybody (except the guitarist that you crush! :cool: )

Lync

7. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    Oops, typo.
    Yeah, I sold my SVT200T the other week. Loved the pre amp, but the power section wasn't loud enough to keep up with 2 guitarists with full stacks. I think I'm going for the SVP Cl + pwer amp now.
    The 200T is a sweet amp indeed.

8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I too like the tone of solid state Ampegs. I enjoy my SVT350H.

As for non rackmountable heads being a problem, I'd venture to say that a majority of players are not in a touring band. So to convince me that I *need* rackmountable gear, get a better example. :spit:

9. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I'm with you on the solid state stuff. sounds great IMO.
    Started back in the early 80's with a 70's B410 solid state combo. I switched to Hartke 3500 for awhile in the late 80's then back to an Ampeg SVT 200T in about '92. I still have that head but have put it into back up status after a good 10 years of use. Before I bought my B4r I thought I'd try the SVT3pro and it just didn't do it for me. I traded it back in after about 2 weeks and got the B4r and have been happy ever since. I guess I like the clean attack of the Ampeg solid state amps. They sound great with my 410he and SVT15e cabs.