1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new and blue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mellowgerman, Sep 20, 2008.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Just got it today! It's a Guild Thunderstar Bass head. I had a choice between this and a Traynor YBA-4 combo. The YBA was nice for sure(a little more tonal options/control), but this one took the cake with it's completely amazing sound. Sooo chunky and thick. Might only be rated at 45watts, but paired with my 1x18 it's enough to make your stomach all queezy and such. Looking forward to my next blues jam!!!!:hyper:
    DSC00648-1.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Congrats, that thing looks hella-cool.

3. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    gotta question... anybody know what the "auxilary out" jack is intended for? it seems too loud to be a "line out" for a PA or something like that... anyone know?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Dang, that amp looks badass!

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  6. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    thanks for the links!
    i was able to find very little. I've been searching for this for hours. only one person posted that they ran a second speaker cab(giving each cab half power). I don't want to mess anything up though... does this sound right?

7. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    Hi,
    You should look at how the aux jack is wired - as anderbass said, it might be a second speaker jack.

I had a Guild Thunderbass, and it had two speaker jacks and no aux jack.

-LesS

PS:
    My Thunderbass had this on the back panel:
    Bias jack
    Two ¼” jacks for speakers
    Hum/balance pot
    2 prong A/C outlet
    3 amp fuse

8. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    okay so I tried running an additional 8ohm cab with the aux jack and it sounds like the dude was right - i believe they were running at half power that way. Guess i'll just stick with the single 18:)