New Aphex pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ga_edwards, Jan 20, 2003.

1. ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Very nice indeed. I want to keep my rack 3 space (pre+power), which kept me from getting one of the rackmount jobs. But my pedalboard has some spare room I'm sure :)
  3. Does anyone know if these pedals are available yet? If so, do you know of any places that are carrying them?
  4. kboyd

Jul 6, 2002
    I just ordered the bass xciter, and it is backordered till the first of march. I guess I should recieve it within the first two weeks of March. High demand for these pedals.
  5. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Mine is due to arrive on Thursday. I'll post a quick review asap! Assuming it gets here.
    PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!, Johno!
  6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Any news/reviews yet? We're dying to hear if this is the next GAS item... :)
  7. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

:bawl: Went in yesterday to retrieve said pedal, only to be informed that Aphex had called and the unit (Huh huh huh, I said unit, huh huh) would not ship until the middle of March.
    Sorry to have gotten everybodies hopes up. I'm bummed!

PEACE!!!!!!!!, Johno!

8. Aphex

Feb 26, 2003
    Hello Everyone:

I just wanted you to know that the Aphex 1400 Series Pedals are completed and perfect! :p

Only problem is the the packaging is not. :eek:
    Aphex won't be shipping units to dealers or customers until the week of March 17th. :(

So please be patient, because it's worth the wait!

9. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    I can already see it on every pedal board a year from now, if not less.
  10. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, this looks like a great pedal. Im buying one.:bassist:
  11. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Hey Aphex;) , thanks for the heads up. I can't wait to hear it. If its even close to the 204, its gonna kick booty.
    so how close is it to the 204??:meh:

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!, Johno!
  12. Why wouldn't someone use the guts of one of these pedals for an inboard preamp? It seems they could be more usable that the traditional preamp?

Don't hit me too hard!
  13. Aphex

Feb 26, 2003
    Ok Ok... The pedal is very close to a 204, but it has a great DI, and a true front end for instruments.
    The pedals have been voiced for Guitar, Bass, and Acoustic instruments, including upright;)
    And to our friends in Santa Barbara the pedals should be there today! :) For the rest of you they will shipping soon very very soon
  14. Aphex

Feb 26, 2003
    Here is another veiw:)
  15. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

It looks about the size of a SansAmp BDDI. What is the difference in the 204 and the pedal (Sound wise)? The rack mount 204 has a different ad.
  16. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

What's the difference between the Aphex and a BBE??? And...The difference in the SansAmp..?? I can't find any comparisons... Thanks
  17. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Yes indeed the pedal has arrived!!!!! I've only had a brief chance to test it, and it sounds pretty cool. I will post a more indepth review soon.
    I do have one complaint, the input jack for the power adapter sits too far back in its hole, and my daisy chain power chord from my TU2 will not fit in and power the unit. Is there any way to fix this?
    I really don't want to have to put another wall wart on my pedal board. Thanks.
    PEACE!!!!!!!, Johno!
  18. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Whats this
  19. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    UK guys - I work with Aphex's UK importer and I'm currently sorting out a deal on the new pedals. If anyone's interested, drop me a PM or an email and I'll get back to you with the details. The more people interested, the lower I should be able to get the price, but it's looking around £130 inc postage.

20. redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    To RockBobby:

What's the difference between the Aphex and a BBE?

Here is what I think the difference is between the 2.
    I have also listed the websites that have more "techinical" definitions.

The Aphex processor splits a signal and adds harmonic "details" to the high frequencies. The low frequency signal is duplicated, and that duplicated signal is ran through a limiter and phase shifter and then added back to the original low frequency signal.

The BBE processor splits a signal into 3 bands and delays the bands by different amounts (actually one band is not delayed).
    This delaying of the bands puts them in better phase with each other so all 3 frequency bands theoretically reach the ear at the same time.
    BBE Offical explanation:

Both technologies can really help bass frequencies.