1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

New app: Drumgenius

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by hdiddy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Agreed. I know the focus is jazz grooves but no reason to limit your potential audience like that. Add rock, r&b,soul grooves and sell them as separate packs. Id buy for sure!

2. You can use the "download all loops" button in the store section. Stop anytime and restart when you want; you can also download loops directly from the list and delete/redownload as you like. Yes, panorama will be present in the next upgrade (hope at the end of february). Ciaoooo

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com
    www.facebook.com/drumgeniusjazzloops

3. Yes! I prepared Pop/Rock loops for the upcoming upgrade.
    I spoke with the DEV about different packs...let's see.
    Ciaoooo

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    This is going to be great.

5. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    One thing that would be very useful to me would be a way to rearrange the loops within the styles so that the list reads in ascending order by tempo. I've been using the app at home where i have time to find exactly the loop I want, but in lessons trying to find the right feel and tempo takes too long and I often end up defaulting to the metronome.

Also, do i need to repurchase the app for my ipad in IOS 7 if I bought it for my iPod in IOS 5?

7. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
  8. Dear Chris, I understand: I will work on Bpm list, for now you can search by bpm directly on the text box (on the main list and on styles pages).
    Regarding installing Drumgenius on other devices: no, you don't have to pay again. Apple asks for accepting the purchase, but when you click (accept) a pop-up appears warning that you already did...it's Apple procedure ;-) Obviously, You have to use the same account.
    Hugs and thanks for using my genie of the lamp!!

9. matthewbrown

matthewbrown Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Harwich, MA, USA
    I have downloaded and tried this app out a number of times, and the only thing I can fault it for is not having a count-in or clicks preceding the loop to set your tempo. You can't really jump in when the track starts accurately. Other than that, this is a superior product in every way, and I am loving it. I usually play with no drummer, and find myself struggling to fit in when I do sometimes, as I get out of practice; this will help rectify that problem

10. Hi Matthew, first of all thanks for "liking" Drumgenius on Facebook and thanks for appreciating my app.
    Yes, I understand: my loops are audio file (aiff/wave) as you know, and I would like to put before a click...but I don't know if it's something compatible with Apple/Android audio library that control the player. I am afraid it's very complicated, anyway I will check: who knows! Thanks again: any advice helps me to make Drumgenius better!! Hugs

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

11. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Generally the app is working well. I just tend to experience crashing on a regular basis after preview a few tracks and then trying to download one. It'll crash when the dl starts. Start the app over again and I won't run into problems until I start previewing again. Minor annoyance til I get all the tracks. Other than that, no complaints.

12. It's good that I know that there are such problems! I forward your message to the DEV! Which platform do you you use? Android or Apple? Actually it's the first time I hear about that.
    Thanks!!!

13. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    iphone 4g. ios7.0.4.

Let me know if you need exact steps to reproduce it. Thanks.

14. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Iphone 4s here and no problems so far with preview/ download

15. So, the DEV told me that this problem can be related to particular "asynchronous work" in iOS 7! It will solved with the upcoming upgrade to iOS 7 (at the end of february). Thanks a lot for everything: it was so important you told me about that trouble! A Big Hug.

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

16. Grazie Art!!

17. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Maybe you can help me out. When I enter a number or "bpm" in the search box, there are no results. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, that worked. :) Now that it's on the iPad, it's a lot easier to see. Where do I find the "download all loops" feature? I found it on the iPod, but seem to have forgotten where. Keep in mind, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to IOS stuff...

18. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Spoke too soon. Had the problem last night. Preview some then download and app closes.

19. Great! Don't worry dear Chris, I know all this stuff is not so "easy" ;-)

Ciaoooo

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021