1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

New app: Drumgenius

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by hdiddy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Understand: as I replied to Chris, it must be a particular "asinchronous" situation in iOS 7. The version you are using must be upgraded at iOS 7 at the end of February (with Pop/Rock/Country/African/R&B add-ons).

Thanks for warning me!
    Ciaoooo

2. oren

oren

Aug 7, 2007
    Salem, OR
    This is a great app!! Thank you Mauro! I would love to be able to buy these grooves as Apple Loops so I could use them in Logic. It's hard to find good jazz grooves!

3. Thanks to you!! Sorry, Drumgenius is available only on smartphone: I understand but I created because I needed to practice with "real swinging" grooves; I wanted to have something handy, to take with me anywhere. I give you a BIG HUG!!
    Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com
    www.facebook.com/drumgeniusjazzloops

4. Hi, Mauro,

I'm also enjoying your app very much--thanks for all the hard work to develop it.

The suggestion made above to have some kind of "count in" would be great if there's a way to do it.

Question: how is one to know when new loops become available? I've already downloaded the ones I'm interested in, but would be interested in new ones when you make them available.

5. At the end of February I hope!! If you have the whole pack it will be for free of course. Ciaooo e Grazieeee!

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

6. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    I don't see the download all loops in the store section, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. Is that a feature only on iTunes? I'm on Android.

7. The button appears after purchasing All Loops Pack.
    Thanks!!!

8. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Yeah I did that originally but I wasn't at home so I didn't download them all right away (to avoid roaming data charges). Now when I go back I don't have the option to get them all in one download, it looks like the only way is one at a time.

9. Weird! Ok: please give me your gmail account and when I give you the ok, uninstall and re-do the procedure...So we should solve the problem (that I don't understand).
    You can send me a private message through TB.
    Ciaooooo

10. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    There are some real gems hidden in the program. I really like this one with brushes under the "very fast swing" category. Fun for working on uptempo stuff like rhythm changes and the like.

Attached Files:

11. bassphase

bassphase Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2004
    San Francico Bay Area
    So why not make a computer platform (mac) version available??? Everyone doesn't have or need a smart phone….

bob

12. GREAT!! Chris: if you agree I will put your great example in Drumgenius Facebook page!! THANKS
    A big HUG

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

13. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Of course. I hope to use that clip or one like it as the audio intro to the next video in my series. I can see using the program a lot for things like that - it's really growing on me, and my students are enjoying using it in lessons, where it frees me up to play piano; we can play for a while as a "trio", they record it, then we can listen back and find things to work on. Really, really useful!

One question: I've been trying to save my favorite loops to "Favorites" by clicking on the star so I can find them more quickly, but I can't seem to figure it out. When I find one I like, I click on the star, but then when I try to find it again by looking in the Favorites category, it seems to contain all of the loops. What am I doing wrong?

On a side note, I always enjoyed your articles for Double Bassist magazine. It's too bad they weren't able to keep that publication going.

14. That's great Chris!! Thanks a lot for everything (also for mentioning my articles on WB): I'm really happy that you find Drumgenius helpful during lessons...that was one of my aims!!
    Regarding favorites: I don't know which pack you download (10/50 or infinite credits) because they have a different favorite behaviour...anyway the thing that you can do now is to re-click the star on those loops that you don't want anymore among favorites and they will disappear. If you have the whole pack you can also delete loops (Edit function) and re-download anytime!!
    So I will post your great line on Rhythm Changes on Drumgenius Facebook page: you know how to build a solid and efficient line man!!! I would like to ask your FB friendship but there is a few people with your name and I don't know which is YOU...
    Thanks again dear Chris! HUGS
    Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

15. Yes you're right! Actually I love my first visualization that I had before to start to work on the loops: to have something in your pocket, handy and smart enough to play all different styles.
    Maybe in the future I will think about.
    A Big Hug.

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

16. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks, Mauro. :) On FB, I have the same profile picture as I do here: the ginger cat playing the bass.

17. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    Looks like a very nice app. Would love to have it but I don't have a smart phone or Ipad. Will it be released as a normal (Mac) application too?

18. Thanks! Not for now, but maybe in the future I will think about.
    A big hug!!

Mauro Battisti
    www.projazzlab.com

19. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Just downloaded the app on my android phone, paid for all tracks and downloaded a few.

I'm liking it very much so far!

Grazie for the app, Mauro!

20. Great, I'm happy, thanks a lot! And for any advice to make Drumgenius better don't hesitate to contact me.
    Ciaooooo

www.projazzlab.com

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021