New Aquisition

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Si-bob, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Ok, well, went to the bass centre 2day to try some stuff out and came away with an Eden CXM-112 and some Rotosound Flats for my fretted 5'er.
    Put the strings on, plugged my Ampeg B2R into the eden....mmmmm what a tone, old skool and just enough growl. And my fretless sounds super sweet through the eden, moreso then the ampeg. For those who didn't know this will be my 'University Rig' as i can't be arsed to lug my ampeg cabs up to london!

havn't got any pics of mine exactly, but heres the one from the site

Eden CXM-112

i HIGHLY recommend buying anything you want from the bass centre, i know you can probly find places that are cheaper on some things, but the customer service and friendly staff is unbeatable....IMO :D
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice cab... I'm again looking at amps. I still want a new bagend S15DX-B (but they don't make such a beast) I may email and see if they will slap it together, it is peices they currently make. (it translates to a large cabinet single 15 inch box in Birch housing a Coax driver)

I like the look of that Eden, I'll have to track one down to try before I do any actual buying. How's the bass response? looks like it'd be ok with the size of the cab
  3. the bass response is great, i'v got it standing upright on my 210 at the mo (for practise), but when its on the floor you can really feel the bass.

4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah.. can't go wrong with eden gear IMO..
  5. Actually, I've found that BC gets the best prices, except on a pair of pickups I was looking at, they were well over. All other stuff is great value though. They even sold a Spector NS5CRFM with the old EMG BTS preamp for £699, just because Spector upgraded the model line. BC don't even regularly stock Spector, they just did it cos anyone wanting a Spector would have a pleasant surprise.

BTW, £699 = $1063