1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Arrival 3-23-09 Roscoe SKB-3005

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Mar 26, 2009.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
  2. ...I particularly like how the top changes color so dramatically depending on the angle you're looking at it from...

...man, that was one very cool bass!

:cool:

3. Oh man. This is beautiful. That fingerboard...that top...that finish. What an amazing looking instrument! Does the headstock match the body?

Easily said about any Roscoe, but this is truly one instrument I'd love to hear.

4. Actually, yes, the headstock does match the body, but this particular piece of cedar is VERY reactive to the light angle, and it shows up different because of it in a photo....neat stuff...

:)

5. Big Mother

Big Mother

Nov 19, 2007
    Seattle
    That is such an interesting top.
    Who'da thunk a cedar top would be so pretty?

BM

6. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    +1

That bottom picture looks s-o-o-o-o-o nice!:)

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    So is this one sort of a "best of both world's" type of deal, where the characteristics of both woods are coming out in the tone??

8. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I think so. I haven't really gotten a good handle on what spanish cedar brings to the table yet, but this bass is really bright, punchy, growly. LOTS of attitude.

9. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Mmmm... eye AND ear candy!

10. Greg, you have selected some amazing Roscoe instruments for your inventory. I can't imagine this one sticking around for a long time. Very, very nice eye (and ear!), my man.

11. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    So this one sold while I was out last week... that tells me I should go on vacation more often :D

12. Ha...no surprise there, really. An awesome instrument! But, if it helps business, come on out here for a short vacation. We'll drink lots of (real) beer, and take pictures of instruments in compromising positions for Adam & Gard. :D

13. CliffD

CliffD

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    Greg, how's the slap tone? BTW, you do have a nice habit of stocking some killer Roscoes!

14. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    This bass had a killer slap tone. Still does, I guess, I just won't get to hear it anymore.

It was quite a bright and growly bass, lots of cut.

Yeah, boy I'm getting the itch to get some new Roscoes in... Gard has one or two more in the short-term works for my store.

15. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Wow. Did not expect cedar to look so hot! :eek: