1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Arrival 4/13/09 - Roscoe LG-3006 Spalted Burl Maple

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Apr 13, 2009.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, yeah, here's another beaut from the boys at Roscoe. Gard was kind enough to address it to "No Koa Here", rubbing my nose in the fact that I still do not have MY Roscoe in hand... oh, but we're down to days now... I'm getting stoked!!

But back to basses that I have to sell. Here's an LG-3006 with a Spalted Burl Maple top over a 2-piece Ash body, standard neck with Pau Ferro board, and Bart/Bart electronics.

Tell me that back doesn't LOOK like a 1-piece?!? Man, that's a nice match.

2867-BACK.
    2867-BODY.

2. damon106

damon106

May 21, 2007
    NJ
    Greg... you're sayin' that's 2 separate pieces of wood ? !

3. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yessir! The joint runs right through the middle of the ash back, pretty much in line with the purple heart laminate in the neck.

It looks so much like a 1-piece back that I felt compelled to mention that it's not. Truth in advertising and what not ;)

4. damon106

damon106

May 21, 2007
    NJ
    That's just straight sickness right there...be surprised if it lasts long on your wall...

5. Wow, what a really fantastic looking instrument! That back is perfect...

Oh, ho hum, like I haven't said this a zillion times already, but that top + that fingerboard = much happiness. No one mates 'em like Roscoe!

6. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, it ALMOST makes ya want to see an ugly one, just so you have something comparative to say. When they're all awesome... whatcha gonna do?

7. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I'ma steal a quote from Greg here and say, "I soiled me armour!"

Hawt stuff!

8. There are no ugly ones, just some that are either slightly more or less stunningly amazing...

:smug:

...buy more.

:ninja:

;)

9. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I LIKE the way you think, Gard :)

10. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    This.

Man has a point.....:help:

11. damon106

damon106

May 21, 2007
    NJ
    my,my,my... it's that air of humility thats always impressed me about the Gardfather... :smug: but hey, when you can walk the talk... ( just messin' with ya G !);)

12. Played on this bass a tiny bit yesterday, and it's a beautiful instrument! He's got an astounding collection of these things now, hanging there trying to show the Warwicks next to them how its done.

Played my Roscoe through Greg's carnival-of-pedals, too. Wow. Blinkenlights and phasers/filters/etc for days.

13. Ah but you see I am very humble about myself, but the work those that actually build these basses do, that there is nothing to be humble about, these guys are the best of the best of the best. It shows.

:)