New Arrival 9/3/10 - Warwick 2010 Spec. Ed. Streamer LX 4

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Sep 3, 2010.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    We recently received this GORGEOUS Warwick bass. It's one of only 40 similar basses that Warwick made exclusively for the U.S, so we're psyched to have been able to grab one.

With the Ash body, incredible redwood top and Bart/Bart electronics... well it's right in a lot of our wheelhouses, eh? And for what is essentially a Warwick custom shop bass, the price is quite reasonable. I'll try to do a clip of this one real soon.

Warwick 2010 Special Edition Streamer LX 4
    3475.jpg
    3475-BACK.jpg
    3475-BODY.jpg

2. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    That's smokin'. Missing a string, but great nonetheless :)

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Now that is a Warwick I can get behind! Epic..... :eek:

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wow! That top is gorgeous!

5. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Here's another "loop station" demo I put together tonight, this time this new Warwick. My playing sounds like crap, but the bass sounds pretty hot!

Those Warwick stainless steel strings get me every time, they absolutely grab your fingers and refuse to let you move on to the proper fret... :mad::rollno::D

I used the same signal chain as the Suhr demo I did earlier tonight:
    Boss RC-20 ->
    Genz-Benz Shuttle 9.0 ->
    Berg HT112ER ->
    Peluso CEMC6 mic ->
    M-Audio FastTrack Ultra 8R USB interface ->
    PC & Sonar Producer 8.5 recording software

"3475-LOOP-DEMO"

6. You go, Mode Boy! Honestly, I listened for the playing - which is great, as always - but was surprised by the sound of the bass. That thing is massive!

7. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, the playing is AWFUL, I'm not afraid to say it. That's what I get for trying to demonstrate something I haven't practiced in a few months... :rollno:

But, yeah, the bass is really fun to play, it's got a great tone to it. I can definitely hear the Bart "ping" in it, and the bass boost is really nice. Not overbearing at all.

I'll throw in a free set of SIT strings for anyone who buys it, too! I can't stands me these grabby string no mo!!

8. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    One tone note - I think this is a bass that would certainly have benefited from me using my rig instead of a lightweight head. There's a lot of edge in that tone, and the Alembic F1X would have smoothed it out a bit, put a little butter on the bun.

9. First, on the playing. Phtttttpppptttt. You sounded great on that clip, and better, you totally manned up and kept the "outtakes" in there. Right on, brothter, right on.

On the tone. I hear you, but I really dug the sound. Barts and an ebony board...no doubt about the ping, but if I'm hearing correctly the redwood seems to mellow the ash + ebony + Bart emphasis on aggressive bark. Totally a cool bass, and in your hands I dig it...perfect for a rock gig. Of course, in my hands it'd likely sound like a bowl of hot suck. (You're welcome for the visual.)

10. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Reminds me of a hilarious story from my college days. My roommate and his brother had gone to this restaurant with a bunch of folks, and the brother orders a chicken sandwich. The chicken basically comes out raw, and the place is so slammed the waitress never comes by to check before everyone else is done eating. She finally checks in and asks if there's anything else she can get the group? The brother pipes right up and says "yeah, I'd like a can of chicken-don't-suck, please". Killed the room, huge laughs...

11. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    I thought this might be handy to post here, Ed Friedland done a review of the bass.

Love that pick sound on the intro.

12. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Cool Bass, love the Redwood top, etc..

Sounds like a great Rock bass, some of the sounds reminds me of Tool. I personally don't dig the fatter necks of these bad boys, but to each their own.

13. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Thats the only thing that puts me off Warwicks, fear of a fat neck.

Though, supposedly, their 2010 necks are more Fender Jazz like.

14. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Nice, thanks for posting that, Bill!

Yep, the neck on this bass is fairly thin (both nut width and front to back). Very comfortable.

15. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Glad to be of service!

16. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Shooot!

I like fat necks....Mine's a size 18.5.:eek: Though it's gotta be to hold the 7 3/4 head atop it. :D

....oh you mean basses....:ninja::bag::help: Sorry! :D

Great playing on the clip Greg.

I'm diggin' it:bassist:

:D

God Bless, Ray

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021