Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Arrival today: Baby RAM

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RAM, Jun 23, 2004.

1. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    WOW! My wife and I are so excited...she delivered baby RAM just after dinner time this evening. He weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces, and was 21 inches long.:D

I'm tired...40 straight hours with no sleep, half of which was spent in the labor and delivery room...sheesh!

2. Thats great, man! :hyper:

whats his/her name?

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

dude! it's baby RAM! ;) a big congrats, man...kids are great...

4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Congrats man, that's wonderful!

Your tougher than I. My wife has a friend that also went 40 some-odd hours in labor. I really think I would have hurt a doctor before then. Hell, I barely made 12 with my daughter :eek:

5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Congratulations!

I'm such a dork...I didn't look at who started this thread, and I actually thought somebody got a baby ram as a pet, or bizarre home security or something. :oops: I'll take that as I sign I should go to sleep.

Marshall

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Does it have a hemmy?

... ah, bad joke :). Congratulations!

7. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Knew that was comming.:)

I can relate on two fronts:
    1. My Wife is due with our 2nd Boy in about two months. (Scary! Another one like #1 in my Avatar?!?)
    2. I just traded in my 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab on a 2004 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7 V8 HEMI (And lowered my payment. I just couldn't resist the 0% interest.:p ).

Congrats on your new RAM.:hyper:

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    w00t!

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats!

10. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Thank you all very much!

Baby RAM - his first name is Spencer. He'll go by Baby RAM, though.:p

I was thinkin' about the Hemy...my wife won't let me teach him how to drive yet...soon enough, right? :hyper:

I think I've figured out how to pay for college, already. If I get him started golfing at age 3, the way Michelle Wie and Tiger Woods got started... :help: :rollno: :D

I'm off to the hospital to see wife and baby. :hyper:

11. Hey mucho congratulations there, Daddy Ram! :)

I'd say your wife should get a little credit too. :D (ladies, please don't kill me)

A long, healthy and successful life to your new son.

Mike ;)

12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Congratulations! :D

My wife is 7 months away from delivering our first little one, I'm so excited!

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Daddy-RAM, congradulations to you and Mommy-RAM!!! (She did all the HARD work, she deserves a bit more than a "little credit" Mike! :p)

Welcome to the world, Spencer, make sure to ask dad to let you try out his Jerzy Drozd as soon as you get home!

;)

BTW, I'm feelin' a trip to Addison Av. this summer, think mom will let you out of the cage for a game? Got a buddy at US Music/Eden that lives about 6 blocks from Wrigley that is invitin' me up to hang for a weekend, I'm lookin' at August....

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good work!

15. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

Atleast you gave him a decent first name. I swear some people are NUTS when they name their kids. Jason Scott Lee from Mallrats named his kid Pilot Inspektor :eyebrow: . Gwyneth Paltrow named her son Apple :scowl: . Germaine Jackson named his kid Germajesty. Why didn't Germaine just tattoo "beat me up" on his kid's forehead?

I met this girl in Coushatta who's name his Female (rhymes with tamale). We asked her why her name is Female. She said her parents saw the birth certificate and thought the nurses had already named her :meh: . I know it's harsh, but some people should be sterilized.

16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!:hyper:

Get ready for ALOT more of that!!!!! :D

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    8 pounds 10 ounces, thats how much i weighed :)

18. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Wow, I actually thought you named your kid RAM until I saw it was YOUR name! Haha, I was like, that poor kid....

Congrats man!! Get some sleep!

19. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Congrats.......... is this your first?

Remember, nothing you do in life will be more important than being Spencer's dad.

It took having 2 girls of my own to fully realize that. I know that when my life is done absolutely nobody will care how many cars I sold. Kids are your legacy. Good luck. Enjoy!!!! :)

Fo

20. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Congrats, RAM. :)