New Ashdown Amp Products - teaser.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Toasted, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

Front page, left hand side bar.

A digital programable lightweight head. (set to be circa 500 watts at 4ohms)

Also, not on the front page, and not on the website, they have a range of Ashdown Labs Neo cabs.
  2. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    That's all I need - more choices! ;)
  3. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Saw that as well. I love Ashdown stuff, but I might be even more impressed by their designs. They seem to be the only manufacturer that attempts to make their gear look good.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Bino - i agree, but im not sure how often they pull it off! ;)

Those ashdown labs cabs look... really wrong to me :)
  5. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Very tempted to go to Frankfurt this time.... their pedals make me curious too!
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I know, i posted about them in Effects[BG]. I want to go to frankfurt too :D!
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm still waiting for someone to try out the Perfect Ten MiniRig! ;)
  8. dangjalopy

Nov 8, 2004

I am too. I am in need of a new practice rig and it looks very tasty. I want to read reviews first though.

9. I hope Trace do a mini-combo version too - like the Yamaha BBT500-110 1x10 combo.
  10. DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    I love my Ashdown gear... but for some reason I still chuckle everytime I see the "ASS 212" on their site. I want one though, I love 12" speakers.
  11. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    It has to be one of the heaviest 2x12 cabs ever, too!
  12. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    of all the "big company" gear, i love recommending Ashdown stuff. ;)
  13. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I'm a little surprised I haven't seen more info about digital bass amps. I'm also a home theater nut, and the new digital amps are all the rage among the audiophile set, so I would think that some interesting digital bass amps should be on the horizon.

One of the biggest advantages of digital amps is their light weight, which of course has no real use in home theater applications -- that should tell you how highly regarded they are for their sound. For people who have to move amps often (i.e. musicians), digital amps would seem to be REALLY useful. Lots of audiophiles are reporting a real "tube-like" sound in the new digital amps, which are also WAAAYYY more efficient than regular solid state amps.

Any other digital bass amps on the horizon we should be looking for?
  14. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i thought Stewart power amps, Acoustic Image's Focus and Clarus series, EA's iAMP-500 / 800, and Epifani's UL502 / 902, were all digital, no?
  15. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Hello! Ashdown Neo Cabs? Where? When? How? Not on website?
  16. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The Bass Gallery have them on their website.
  17. Sure they're not just Gallery in-house modified jobbies?
  18. revlover

May 16, 2005
    I'm trying to find some specs for this - I couldn't find any on the web site. All I know is that it was designed for John Entwistle. Who rates them?