1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW ASHDOWN AMPS COMING SOON! 350/1000 Micro Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lovebrigade, Feb 5, 2008.

1. lovebrigade

lovebrigade

Aug 1, 2007
    I emailed Ashdown with questions regarding the superfly bass amp and they told me that they are soon going to introduce a new line the Little Giants which will replace the superfly. I asked if they were heads and he said the Little Giant 350 and the 1000 are heads. Cant wait to see how theyll turn out.:hyper:

2. Seen pics of them and I have NO intrest at all. I'm just not sure why everyone is so fascinated with micro amps. I'll stick with my ABM500, thank you.

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  4. looks like a MarkBass copy.

5. Just because its small! or just because its orangish! The tone controls are nothing like a markbass. And also...1000 watts? Just because its mini doesnt mean its a Markbass copy.

6. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Looks more like an orange Ashdown, to me. Definately follows the ABM and Classic line aesthetic. Markbass is very 80's retro with the black and orange Tron thing going on. You could say it looks like an Orange, but the lack of ridiculous huge knobs and white face plate throw that off. So, it looks like an orange Ashdown.

7. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
  8. tbone409

tbone409

Feb 17, 2007
    kenosha, wi
    price?

9. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    it looks like it has analog controls instead of the digital interface on the SuperFly. I wonder if it still has the digital power amp or if it is a switching power amp?

10. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I didn't get to hear these amps/cabs, but here are some shots I took at NAMM:

IMG_5739.

IMG_5737.

IMG_5740.

IMG_5743.

11. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    People are sick of having to spend a week on the sofa after a gig because their gear is too heavy. Not that the ABM500 is that big of a beast because it isn't. The heads aren't so much a big deal as the cabs. Heavy cabs are killer. Thanks to neodynium speakers we can have big sound in lightweight packages.

If we can get good sound out of a small package, why not got for it?

12. ZolkoW

ZolkoW

May 8, 2006
    Hungary, EU
    what's the difference? :)
    digital amp is just a wrong word for switching mode amps.

13. i'm really diggin' the GREEN little Giant. Like it.

and also,

if its what i think it it is..

an updated Mark King Signature?

oooooohhhhhhhhhh :]

14. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    Seems like the new lines - Klystron, neo and Superfly - are taking a long time to get to the US....

15. One thing is for sure they'll be more expensive in the UK than anywhere else in the world.

16. The superfly was cheaper in the end in the US than in the UK.

17. lovebrigade

lovebrigade

Aug 1, 2007
    I also like the lime green Little Giant. It looks like they have a lot of Superfly cabs there so why would they discontinue them? Doesnt really make sense to bring gear to a trade show that you plan on discontinuing a month later. Hopefully theyll keep the superfly cabs going

18. If it doesn't have a tube in it, I don't want it! As for the new Classic series heads, I just don't think there is enough improvement there over the ABM series to justify the huge price increase, and I don't care for the huge enclosure the put the head into. The new Classic cabs have also gone WAY up in price, not to mention the fact that the new neo 410 actually weighs 2 pounds MORE than the old cabinet!

19. EvanOnBass

EvanOnBass

Oct 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I found one of only five SuperFly 4X8 cabinets in the whole country at West L.A. Music last week. I contacted Ashdown, who then referred me to their U.S. distributor (in Canada) who then told me to contact West L.A.

Friggin' $1,250.00

I paid $239.00 for the SuperFly 2X250 amp NEW. Why should I pay 5X as much for the cab? I don't get it... This amp is getting traded out... Today.

20. lovebrigade

lovebrigade

Aug 1, 2007
    Yeah I was down at West LA music. The only one I saw was the 2X10 and the tag was like 1400 he said he could probably do it for a little less than 1000 STILL A RIP OFF