Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ashdown Foot Stompers - teaser

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    www.ashdownmusic.com

Front page, left hand side.

A series of 5 stomp box pedals, that look similar to the old trace elliot SMX and band eq pedals. No great suprise, considering that the same guy is desiging!

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    cool. The trace dual comp pedal was great, just a little bit noisy for my liking - hopefully they'll have fixed that

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I hope so too. They look cool-as with the VU meter on aswell. I'd like to think it was my email suggestion that engendered that idea in the deigner - but of course, it probably wasn't ;).

It seems from looking theres some sort of OD / Distro, a compressor, an EQ, and 2 others.

4. ooo they look nice...

guessing there is a delay seen as there's a "speed" control in there!

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Exciting, I really like my ashdown amp, so I hope these are as good.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Awesome, except they're on the right side for me ;)

7. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'm hoping the will have a pedal version of their Subharmonic synth.

Ted

8. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    So THATS why you sold it ;)

9. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    :confused:
    sorry, I don't know what you're referring to. I probably sold my dual comp two or so years ago

10. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    ...and I think I may have bought it. Didn't find it terribly noisy, maybe just a little bit, but I just didn't like the sound. So I sold it too...:D

There's no mention of pedals on the Ashdown home page right now, but... something even better IMO... a brief teaser about a programmable bass amp they're gonna introduce at MusikMesse in a couple weeks. I'm happy that some mfrs have recently (finally) come out with programmable amps: Ampeg, Yamaha, now Ashdown...hopefully it sounds good!

11. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Ooops. Some weird goings on - sorry. Hence the PM i sent.

Some called david wilson on TB sold me a TE SMX a week or so back , and wanted to know when it arrived.

PS its not noisy to my ears

12. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Could be chorus/phaser/trem/flange... any modulationy effects.

13. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Hmm. My dual comp has no noise issues, and neither did my eq, but sometimes I'd have to pull out and reinsert my plugs into the eq as it would all of a sudden lose volume. One time, I had to click it off and then back on to clear up that same problem. I finally sold the eq, but the dual comp is too cool to sell, and has never glitche like the eq anyway. BTW, I don't see any Ashdown pedals when I click on that link.

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Right hand side bar. Second applet down. Right under the digital amp.

15. ted13

ted13

Mar 12, 2004
    montreal quebec
    Ya, i'm pretty pumped to try these guys out. i would be super interested in a pedal versoin of the sub harmoniser and their drive curcuit is great too. those would be two must haves to go with my demeter pre. anyone know for sure if those may be available?

16. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Ah-ha... now I see it. Thanks.

They look big...

17. *clutches chest* Ah, gas attack damn you toasted.

18. I would like to see a pedal with the subharmonic plus the harmonic emphasis from the MK 500. It would be cool if you could combine them too.

19. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I know, SMASH i was thinking the exact same thing :|

20. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yes, it's odd.
    Quite bizarre getting PM's from someone you don't know, asking why you haven't written to them lately

I guess I'm also a bit confused how such a mixup happened, since apparently the other guy (whose TB handle is apparently joe-zawinul) is in Tennessee and I'm in NY