Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ashdown Pedals - anyone heard them yet ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PaulF, Apr 25, 2005.

1. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Has anyone managed to get their hands on the new Ashdown pedals yet ?

I've seen them on a website here in the UK (not sure if they're actually in stock, but there's nothing to say they aren't !)

http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/acatalog/Ashdown_Bass_Effects_Pedals.html

I'm looking at getting a chorus pedal (probably BOSS), but I'd love to hear any opinions on these new pedals (I've got a Ashdown bass rig which I'm very impressed with, so I'm tempted to try another Ashdown).

£75's a bit more than a BOSS, but it does look like it does chorus, flange and delay (which is good, as long as you don't want more than one at a time :D )

Any news/opinions/views from anyone ??

PaulF

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I think they are very well priced at 75 quid.

It puts the filter in the price range of the dod fx25b (which is not amazing) the Mini Q-tron (which again is not amazing) the guyatone Bottom Wah Rocker (Meant to be good but a very simple filter)

So all in all the filter seems to have a lot of features for the money.

I'm quite interested in the chorus due to its wierd delay modes that they mention, but these pedals do look very big, so I doubt I will ever buy one, but who knows maybe the compressor will make a good studio tool, I can't wait to try these out, they all look very very coool (except the octaver level I don't get excited about octavers)

Now hopefully when I see one it will be really small but they look about line 6 size you know the big stompboxes they do.

This will really limit people who have limited pedalboard space, but they could turn out to be modern day classics.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of whether these are analog or digital or whatever.

I can't wait

3. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    So I spoke to 'Bonners Music' today - apparently the first shipment is due into the UK in July !!!

Why do shops insist on putting stuff on websites that's not available yet (and not even close!) ?????

4. It's called building a demand for their product. ;) ;)

5. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    The Ashdown pedals have a date on the SoundsLive website:

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown---Chorus-Plus~ID~4276.asp

'Expected 5/9/05'

Back in April I was really keen to get their Chorus Pedal, but it's been so long coming I'm not so sure now.

I'm sure it'll be a superb chorus sound (with the 'extra's' of Flange / Delay as well), but £89+shipping is a lot for one pedal. - Will it be that good :confused:

PaulF