New Audere Preamp TalkBass Ad

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Brad Maestas, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Sono est omnia Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Luthier and Instrument Tech at Kala Brand Music Co.
    What's with the new Audere ad?

They make a good onboard preamp, no doubt, but I'm not sure what to make of this new ad. I'm not sure if they're joking or not! :D

The second frame just kills me. It's like a bad rendering of what's supposed to be an angry woman (presumably your wife or girlfriend), baring her teeth, reminding you that your agreement is still on – NO new basses.

Then he's like, "Relax, babe! Check it out. It's an AUDERE!"

What, she's supposed to be like, "Ooh! Well why didn't you say so? This changes everything! Their Z-mode impedance-switching circuitry sure is innovative, huh? Aw, I'm sorry I argued with you, honey. Would you like another beer?"

Sure I get the joke but couldn't it have been done a little more tastefully, more subtly? It comes across as kind of one-dimensional, masogynistic even. What do you think? :eyebrow: :p

*Not sure if this should be in OT or not.

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I wish Audere would use ACTUAL humor, rather than this insultingly low-brow "aren't wives a problem?" stuff. :spit:

3. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    ATTN: TALKBASS MEMBERS.

Please refrain from being overly politically correct grumpy old men.

Thanks
    Management

4. Brad Maestas

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    :D I was trying!

5. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    I don't find it offensive really... its just not funny and looks very low budget.

6. it is pretty lame...

7. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I was just going to post about this. I don't think it's offensive at all, but it's pretty tacky. I'm sure it was meant to be humorous....:D

BTW, anyone know anything about the new preamp? Something called The "JZ5D Deluxe plate?" (If you run your cursor over the ad, you'll see what I'm talking about.)

8. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

.. + 1...
    :bag:

9. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    the jz3 deluxe version has a 4 knob configuration with the jack side mounted so deluxe jazz owners don't end up with two jacks on their bass. i am currently awaiting one as we speak. the fourth knob is a rotary switch for the z mode. it has five options instead of three. (a couple with diferent z values for the front and rear pickups)

10. Audere

Audere Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 7, 2005
    South Beach, OR
    Owner: Audere Audio
    Sorry everyone it was meant to be humorous

I checked it out with several players, their wives, and a few female players - they found it amusing but I see it did not work in this context

We will replace it...

11. Brad Maestas

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Aw, well I don't think you have to go THAT far.
    I didn't find it offensive either.
    Just a little constructive criticism, that's all. :)

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    For some musicians when it comes to getting new gear it can be a problem,it's almost like their wives neutered them.

Hey David,with all due respect,you shouldn't change it,it's just not for every one.

13. i think its a good idea, like the concept is funny, but it just hasnt worked here...

14. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hell, I like it alot. I think that it pretty much hit the mark as far as "Girlfriends (or wives) against bass." And I think it's a funny idea that Audere preamps are so great that they win the arguement hands down.

My girlfriend and I found it entertaining. It may not be a situation that all of us are in, but it definitely is not offensive or derogatory to women.

Fact is, bass is something that calls out to people like us. Sometimes we invest a little too much time, money, or effort into it. I know that to me, it's much more than just a hobby. It's a great big part of my life. It's what I dream about at night, at work, in class, in the car, in the shower, all the time. It's where most of my money goes (I'm still in college, so I don't have much money to throw around... but what I do have goes to music). The point I'm trying to make is that our significant others aren't always as excited as we are about our music. They can't appreciate a zebrawood laminate or an 18 inch cab. Audere, apparently, can be appreciated by everyone ;-D

I don't think it's wrong that they decided to have a little fun with that.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021