Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Avatar cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Boo, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Mr. Boo

Mr. Boo

Mar 29, 2004
    Anyone check out the newer Avatar 4x10 cabinets? I guess they have more low end and they're selling the Delta 410's for much cheaper...dayum, I just got the Delta 4x10 :crying: , still sounds great though! :D

2. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Jesus, the one with new Kappa Pro 10's weighs 95 lbs....Thats kinda heavy. Hows the orignal 4X10 sound for 5 string? Im looking to get one.

3. WOW, neo 2x10 $300 shipped! I'm really interested in any reports on these.

4. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    I have the original 4x10 cab and it's sounds unbelievable with my stingray 5. It has plenty of low end to go around. I bought the 15 inch cab also but I wish that I had just added another 4x10.

5. metalbob

metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    :hyper: well i just got my avatar 410 today and it rocks i abused it with my sgr 905 5 string for about 45 minutes and it sounds great no complaints sweet nice price nice cab imo :bassist:

6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I wonder what the B210 Pro sounds like? Same frequency response right?

7. Wow, neo 4x10 for $400

Me wants. Me needs.

8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm concerned. No specs at all posted for the neo and pro cabs. Tell me he didn't just plop those different speakers into the existing cabinet design without altering the tuning . . . show me some specs, PLEASE, so I can buy one of these things!

9. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Honest question-does that shelf port have one size fits all parameters?

10. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    Dave at Avatar is easy to work with - give him a call and i'm sure he will give you specs on the cabs .

11. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Good, I am glad I am not the only one who couldn't find the specs on his sight, I thought maybe I was just retarded or something. ;)

12. Some, but not all, of the cabs have the same shelf port. It is probably a cost cutting comprimise. There is, however, a different depth to the ports on the 4x10 than there is on the 2x12. They may seem the same on the outside, but they are tuned differently.

I have recently altered the ports on my cabs to better reflect the specs on the specific speakers. I simply blocked the shelf ports and installed the appropriate tubes. There is a noticable difference in tone. I am pleased with the results of my mods and it was cheap and easy.

13. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Hey MuzikMan, did you get my pm a while back? Can we PLEASE have some details on your mods? And a taste-test comparison of the sound before and after?

14. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    *drools* I can't wait for an updated 212.

15. daveAvatar

daveAvatar

Feb 12, 2003

The enclosure tunings are at the end of the descriptions on each website page for the different new bass models. There are different cab tunings and shelf lengths for each model. THANKS.....dave

16. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Wow, great -3db specs on that Neo 410. I'm suprised that it has a better -3db than the Pro. :eyebrow:

Me likey . . .

17. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Getting tired of lugging around your Aggies?

18. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Actually, yes I am. One of my Aggie 410's has Eminence Kappa Pro's in it (long story) and weighs about 120 lbs. I think the "regular" Aggie 410 weighs in at about 95-ish. My fat a$$ needs the exercise, but c'mon . . . :smug:

19. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!

OMFG, that's alotta cab to move for anyone... Then, ya come here & read about these tiny Schroeders, well, it really makes you wonder,, doesn't it?

We should put the pressure on Tom to bring his 1210 down here!

20. Dave, I was wondering if you knew about TB. There is so much talk about the Avatar cabs here. Anyway it's good to hear from you.