1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Avatar or Used Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, May 7, 2006.

1. waytoodeep03

waytoodeep03 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Frisco, Texas
    A quick question on which route to take, Should I get the 2x12 avatar brand new or find a used Eden 410 for 100 bux extra? Is the difference in sound quality be that much? I am looking for the least "colored" more "flat" across the board bass sound

2. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I am considering getting rid of my Edens for Avatars. Mostly for the weight.

3. draginon

draginon

Oct 4, 2004

funny that you mention those 2 cabs because we have both of them at my church. The 2x12s suit my SWR WM-400 better because I play an SX. I will A\B both of them and post back on tuesday

4. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    Which Eden 4x10" is it? D410T, D410XLT, or D410XST?

5. waytoodeep03

Feb 16, 2005
    Frisco, Texas
    It would be the xlt

6. waytoodeep03

Feb 16, 2005
    Frisco, Texas

I have seen the 410 xlt for as cheap as $399-425 where the 2x12 avatar is $319 brand new which is about $100 difference

7. Tony Gray

Tony Gray

Mar 6, 2006
    Haven't played through the Eden but my Avatars came in last week and I played 2 shows with them last weekend. I got the 2x12 and 2x10, both Neos. Great clear sound. I had an Ampeg 4x10 before. I like the Avatars just fine.

8. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Personally I'd go with the Eden, I have an Eden 410T and I absolutely love it.

9. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'd go with the Eden if it were me. That tiny difference in price will be made up for on resale where the Eden will hold its value and the Avatar likely will not since its not a household name. I have yet to keep any piece of gear forever . . .

10. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    That's a very tough question...

Sonically, I'd buy the Avatar. I've never played through an Eden cabinet that I liked, and I've sure tried!!!

A few years back, a local guy was selling his D210XLTs. I figured that heck, they're Edens, they have to be better than my Avatars (had a compact 15 and a B112 at the time...the little cube shaped cabinets). He invited me to bring my stuff to his house and compare...

I A/B'd for an hour, loud, quite, every style that I could play and I couldn't help but like the Avatars better...the lows were deeper, the highs clearer and the mids more pleasant. He even commented on how nice the Avatars sounded.

Later I owned a pair of B212 Deltas, a pair of B210 Deltas (one front ported, one rear ported) and a CB115H. At one point, the local guy borrowed one of my B212s to try out leaving a brand new D410XLT as collateral (with his blessing to try it out). I didn't like the 410XLT either...that mid bass hump is annoying to my ears.

Went to an Eden clinic at a local store when the XST cabinets came out...didn't like them either.

You really need to compare for yourself. You might hear it completely differently.