Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new axe (not a bass).. finally got pics

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I gotta new axe a couple months ago..
    finally got around to taking a picture.
    its a 80s squier II.
    Replaced the Stock Humbucker
    with Dimarzio super Distortion pickup
    The two stocks from what i know are stock but they sound pretty decent and they are loud.
    The tuners suck kinda so im gonna get locking ones soon. It was sitting at a pawn shop for 236. I traded my washburn acoustic for it for about 100 bucks flat.
    =D

2. Bah, away with you and your "guitars". How dare you bring that "thing" into this forum?! Away with you! You can come back when you burn that thing and bring the ashes!:rolleyes: :D :D ;) :)

3. LOL..

Mine still has the stock pickups, but I refinished it myself. It was my first axe.
    Some Squier Strats are really good guits.:)

4. nice strat luisnovelo. the wood color is awsome.
    a friend of mine, bandmate actually, got a squier strat at a pawnshop for really cheap, and we all thought it was going to be this POS, turns out this thing is incredible! its got 59 & 61 strat pickups in it, and it has this switch on it that none of us know what exactly it does, but it changes the sound from a twangy CCR type sound to this amazing fu-manchu, blacksabbath type tone. the guy at the shop told him that this was a one of a kind & thathe was sad to see it go. bottom line : pawn shop guitars can be better than anything.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Aww man...I thought this was going to actually be pictures of an axe. For anyone else that was dissappointed, here's some axe pics:

[​IMG]

Check out the neck grain on that baby...notice the custom gig bag in the bottom pic too.

brad cook

;)

6. Thats my kind of Axe...

I wonder, does anyone have pics of a double bladed axe :)

7. DigMe,

You think whoever built that axe would have spent somemore time, and cleaned up the glue.:rolleyes:

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Bah, the bad construction clearly states that Arvika is made in China.. Now here's my kinda axe:

[​IMG]

The world-famous Modulus of axes, Fiskars PowerAxe: lightweight non-breakable molded composite neck, non-slipping neckjoint, great two-color finish, comes with lifetime warranty and look, it even comes with a cool molded case!

[​IMG]

The sound of splitting wood in your head is in this axe :D

9. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Now THAT'S cutting-edge stuff!!! :rolleyes: :D

10. yes it is.. for a squier strat. It was originally painted solid wine. A friend of mine and I did the same on his Squier Stagemaster (?) the one with floyd rose and reversed headstock.. The body was a puzzle of the cheapests of woods.. Looked like pine indeed.
    I not sure where was his from, but mine was Korean.

11. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Hmm the joins are a bit dodgey... :rolleyes: :D

12. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    brad.. you need to polish your axe a bit man..
    its getting finger smudges on it.. dont you notice?? :) :D
    nice axe though. Thats bigger than all 20000 of JT's and Ninos combined.

You should now go and get a Custom handmade Double Neck Axe made =D
    I bet the plush leather gig bag would cost alot for it though. But at least you could PERFECT YOUR CHOPS *goodone huh?*