Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New B-Quad

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bman, Jan 15, 2002.

1. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    I finally got my hands on a digital camera... However, it has not improved my photography skills. :D

It's the first bass I've ever had with a graphite neck - it's totally different, but I love it.

Anyway, here's what the new (to me) Peavey B-Quad looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That is a beautiful bass. I tried one out in '95 when I was looking for something new and I was very impressed, but the bewildering electronics and wild looking body turned me off. (and I liked the new old stock Palaedium better)

3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    that bass looks really nice man... bet it sounds great too! i am very jealous... congrats!

4. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Those are such great basses, and you got an awesome color (like that matters, but it looks so good)! I've always wanted one, but I havn't seen that many of them. They do seem like a great value for all you get.

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    that's a beautiful color! I used to have a plum BQ4. It's a very interesting instrument. Lots of possibilities- I just didn't end up using enough of them to merit keeping it. It's constructed very well, and can get some great tones. The panning capabilities w/ the piezo are impressive. I wish mine had been blue, I might have kept it! The plum was just a little too flashy for my tastes, especially with the gold hw.
    As long as you don't play them sitting down (they're not to comfortable on the old legbone), they are a great bass.
    Have fun with that one. Great score!

6. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Did you buy that from ebay? I saw one for sale a while back. I'm looking for a B quad 5 fretless...if you know of any for sale, please let me know.

7. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    I didn't get it off e-bay. I picked it up at Daddy's in Salem, N.H. for $899. No case, but that's not a bad price.

I did come across a B-Quad fretless for sale though...

Here: B-Quad fretless

8. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I can almost hear the acoustic pickups failing just looking at the picture. :)

I had a B-Quad 5 string for a while, the acoustic pickups failed on 3 of the 5 saddles for no apparent reason at all. They're hella-retarded expensive to fix too. I don't mean to rain on your parade man, but just be aware that they are a harsh mistress, who is quick to anger.