1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new baby!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bon viesta, Feb 4, 2021.

1. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    warmoth, 13 POUNDS!!!! of awesome bass-ness. walnut and maple baby. i’m young, so i can deal with it for now. ask me anything if you care at all to know ;)

Attached Files:

2. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    i love the finish so much, the body is like a beautiful slab of smooth walnut up against my body. it almost doesn’t feel like it’s finished. you can hardly tell the maple is finished, either.

PWRL likes this.
  3. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Looks great! I have 2 Warmoth P basses and I love them both! The quality of Warmoth parts exceeds MIA Fender basses IMO.

4. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Awesome! Enjoy it!

bon viesta likes this.
  5. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Nice! She has Japanese Bacchus-ist look.

Shrubber and bon viesta like this.
  6. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    you should see how heavy it can get. high mass bridge, bigger heavier tuners, brass plate pickguard under a mirror pickguard, solid metal knobs, etc

7. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    intentional!! i knew it was coming was that (personally) ugly little truss rod slot, and i saw lawsuit basses from the late 70s with the truss rod slot and saw how the addition of thumb rests seemed to take the ease off of the blatant missing chunk of wood up at the neck pocket. plus, they’re pretty useful! you’ll notice my thumb rest is further away from the strings than most on jazz basses, and that’s because i don’t want the e string slapping against the plastic.

Attached Files:

8. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    imagine a 15 pound bass... gawd. i mean, even this baby is surprisingly hard to pick up. i work out, too, and this is only one pound heavier than my usual go-to dumbbells.

9. Jackcrow

Jackcrow Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2017
    North Dakota
    That thing weighs more than the Peavey T-40 I used to have. I’m a fan of heavy basses. The walnut looks very nice!

bon viesta likes this.
  10. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Warmoth's quality is quite nice. Enjoy!

bon viesta likes this.
  11. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    on some of their basses, yamaha puts a little plastic or metal trim piece there.
    upload_2021-2-4_22-42-11.jpeg

Rugmaster and bon viesta like this.
  12. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008

fast forward to 22 minutes ....

Zoffy and bon viesta like this.
  13. mildbill

mildbill Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Veazie, Me
    That's a beauty! Enjoy!

bon viesta likes this.
  14. Absolutely love love love that body wood/finish!

bon viesta likes this.
  15. lowendrachel

lowendrachel

Sep 11, 2012
    GTA, Ontario
    Congrats! Love the colour. What's the nut width?

16. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    the standard one and a half, though from a distance the neck seems really thick for some reason. also feels thick, but it’s more of the depth of the neck and not the nut width.

17. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Heavier the bass, the better the sustain...........hee, hee, hee!

It's a beauty!

I once talked to a guy who had a first year Stingray that weighed 15 lbs. He told one time he picked it up the wrong way and it hit him in the knee causing an injury. WOW!

Not to detract away from your thread, here is a walnut J on a P body. A "put together".

I love walnut! Love your bass!

DSCF8251.JPG DSCF8254.JPG DSCF8253.JPG

roycroft_88, L Anthony, B-Mac and 2 others like this.
  18. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    the color combo reminds me of my walnut rickenbacker
    upload_2021-2-5_6-27-35.jpeg

B-Mac, PWRL, bon viesta and 1 other person like this.
  19. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I think it looks great! Really a warm color. I’ll bet it has a rich tone. If the weight bothers you get a wide strap. But I think you’ll forget about it and it becomes your #1. Enjoy.

bon viesta likes this.
  20. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    the tone hasn’t really matured yet, i’m sure you’ve heard the age old “wood settles” thing. i think it’s true. you can’t just stick two pieces of wood together and expect them to be a beautiful instrument in an hour or so. i’ll just need to get used to this baby. but when it’s unplugged and i knock on it (and hear a door knock type sound, lol!) i can feel the vibration over entire bass for a few seconds. definitely no dead spots on this thing.

JeezyMcNuggles and Killing Floor like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021