Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Bad Religion album, "The Empire Strikes First"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Jun 29, 2004.

1. What do you think of this album? All I can say is, wow. They have hard songs, reminiscent of their older stuff, and some slower, very well-written songs. All in all the writing quality is very good, songs are much more melodic than some of their older stuff (even more melodic than Process of Belief). I still haven't heard the whole thing, but thus far it's all great!

2. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Oh, cool. I'll have to check it out, I dug process of belief. I'm not usually a punk fan, but I can dabble.

3. I bought it and so far I'm loving it. I was just about to make a thread about it. About half of the cd is instantly accesible, while the other half will need more listening.

I love that slow intro track, and then it just explodes into "sinister rouge" My favorite song on the cd is "God's Love" That chorus is so darn catchy. "Los Angeles Is Burning" and "Let Them Eat War" are great tracks too.

My only complaint is that during "let them eat war" during the bridge part Sage Francis comes out and almost ruins the song :meh:

I saw them live this past monday (warped tour) and they were absolutely explosive.

My rating: 8/10. All in all not their best album by a longshot, but its still a great solid rock record.

Best punk band ever. Easily.

4. Ok, I've listened to the album about 6 or 7 times straight through now and I'm in love. There are only a few songs I don't care for, for the most part most of them are great.

Greg Graffin doesn't flex his vocals as much in this cd, but this album still reinforces my belief that he's the best rock vocalist ever (yes, I said rock).

Jay Bentley has some solid bass lines in this album as well...nothing fancy, but he knows the right notes to play and not play.

They seem to be following the same formula as process of belief....about half punk songs, about half that would be better classified as just "rock"

People need to buy this album! Best rock album of 2004 so far.