1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Band coming along well!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Tommygun_ted, Dec 17, 2018.

1. So, we have a drummer, a pair of guitarists, and myself on the bass. We have had 3 jam sessions so far and I've gotta say, things are going quite smoothly. We already have a rough idea for an original song, feels like the ideas just flow with this group. Lots of positivity, a few laughs, and all around some good old heavy metal! Some pictures from the session, taken by myself while the guys were hashing out some riff ideas. 20181216_194245. 20181216_194259. 20181216_194520. 20181216_194308. And I know the right handed guitarist looks tiny, but he's next to an ogre, so he's actually a normal sized adult.

2. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    How does the ogre-sized guy's Line 6 amp hold up against the normal sized buy's Fender/Orange stack?

Also, what brand is that green bass next to the drums? Love the color!

3. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    is that little line 6 amp a spider?

my husband has a 50 watt line 6 flextone 2 XL, and it's loud and sounds great, even better with my husband's bogner uberschall pedal. he dislikes the spider series and i find it on the weak side, but i guess it all depends on what you want to do with it.

4. The line six keeps up well, the ogre is actually using the orange through the fender cab but has it dropped to 15 watts. And the green bass is a kit from a company called solo, the drummer works at a place that makes road signs so he painted it at work. For a 200 dollar kit it's actually pretty nice.

5. portpc

portpc

May 31, 2011
    +1 on the green bass! Is playing in socks a band requirement or just a gimmick they are trying out?.. Are they not worried about static electricity?..

Wisebass likes this.
  6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

sound like a great honeymoon! good for you! now the real work begins. best of luck with your new project! :thumbsup:

7. In Canada most people take their shoes off inside, playing live we will likely be wearing shoes.

saabfender and Seanto like this.
  8. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    Looks like a Godin bass to me.

At least the headstock does.

9. Cool - good luck and go kick butt! Also - whoever owns the place would be smart to redo the basement insulation so that the vapor barrier is on the cool side in the basement :)

10. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    hi Tommygun_ted :)

Great to read that the band works!

Dang! :D

Too late to make a joke about your band' s nameā€¦ :laugh:

greetings

Wise(b)ass

11. RichardW

RichardW

Feb 25, 2016
    near Philly
    Will check back in a year when you have a band drama story. ;)

12. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I'm betting the drummer will be the problem. He looks like trouble.;)

13. Nope, cheap bass kit, fender P knockoff

14. Most houses I've seen here have the capos barrier through the entire basement

15. Seanto

Seanto

Dec 29, 2005
    USA
    Few things feel as good as a new band going well! Always exciting.

kesslari likes this.
  16. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Really happy for you. They seem pleased to have you and you look like you fit in.

Maybe The Ogre (I hope he doesn't mind) gets a proper amp under his tree this year. If he does, you guys can give the Line6 the "Canadian Treatment".

17. The ogre owns the orange, and a line six head that I think the little guy may end up using

18. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Canadian Treatment for sure, then.

19. We have a few singers to audition this weekend, then it's hopefully smoothsailing

20. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I wouldn't say Ogre, but he looks like he's in the construction trades. (not a knock as I am myself) Won't have to worry about crowd control. Big ass guitarist with a pointy headstock......Good luck with things.