Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Band Covers

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Shaz, May 8, 2004.

1. Me and a bunch of my friends just formed a band and are looking for some easy covers to play. I am looking for songs that would just help us all get a feel for each other playing together and stuff. We have 2 guitarists, bassist, and drummer we mainly play rock but are open to all types of music

Thanks

2. Simple songs like Nirvana are a good choice. Try some songs with, for example, bass doing something completely different from the guitar, and some song where bass and guitar are doing the same thing. Just to get comfortable with each other's tendencies.

3. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    ZZ top and SRV. If you guiarist cant play the solos tell them to wing it and have fun with it. You and the drummer will learn the "feel" together and find if your a pocket, lead or follow player and how you and your band make the changes. Have fun. :)

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    AC/DC

5. MattyN

MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    my band has been covering some NRBQ tunes recently.

they're very well written but they're usually pretty simple.

funny, most folks in the northwest (my stomping ground) have no idea who NRBQ (New Rythym & Blues Quartet) is so the crowd usually thinks we're playing originals. :D

http://www.nrbq.com

6. country_boy

country_boy

Apr 13, 2004
    Houghton, MI
    The Cover of the Rollin' Stone - Dr. Hook
    Its so much fun.

7. OK some songs we got down that sound kinda ok, led zep-the ocean (minus solo), led zep-heartbreaker (minus solo), green day-when i come around, nirvana- smells like teen spirit. When we get together we always have trouble thinking of songs to play, i will look into your suggestions thanks.

8. Please DONT do Freebird.
    Thanks.