1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New band, first gig...............

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by DWBass, Sep 13, 2008.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Well we had our first real public gig this afternoon. We started out pretty good but started to fall apart toward the end. It's clear the guitarist is not doing his homework and is basically falling behind. He actually forgot the chords to several songs and even stopped and started over during a guitar only intro. NOT PROFESSIONAL at all IMO! If we are going to be successful, he's gonna have to go or really step up his game! Vocally, the male lead singer doesn't seem to be a good harmonizer which is something that is really needed. I can sing but some songs where the bassline is pretty busy, I have a hard time doing both. On a good note, stage volume was most pleasant and the sound system provided was run beautifully.

We're going to have a band meeting next week and I'll be bringing up these few points although I'm hoping someone else beats me to it. I don't want it to seem that I'm picking but I don't like being embarrassed while onstage.

2. Andy419

Andy419

Aug 13, 2007
    Ya man it sucks having the one guy who just isn't quite up to speed.

3. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    imo...if you want to be successful...surround and involve yourself with people that are. it may seem unfair....but no one said life is fair.