New band gave me the best compliment

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Zirc, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    So I was jamming / trying out with this band Westshore ( today and Zack (guitarist / singer) gave me the best compliment a band could ever give.

He told me:
    1) my bass cuts through the mix
    2) he likes it

I have a feeling I'm going to really like this band. :) I'll let you guys know when they get a new recording with my good ol Jazz :D
  2. Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    That's good man, trying out with a new band is an exciting time. Playing with different musicians with different views and styles is a great thing to do.
  3. Hey Lefty. Are you actually in Horse The Band? If so you're playing round me on Sunday, so I'll try and get down to check you out.
  4. That's cool. The last time I tried out for a banc I got some good complements, but too far away, and I am too busy right now really :meh:
  5. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    The 'audition?' I played at last month was like that. The keyboardist had a $100,000 studio in a $30,000 house. He complimented me repeatedly on the sound of my fretless.

Keyboardist and guitarist liked each other, but didn't like singer and drummer.
    Singer and drummer liked each other but didn't like keyboardist and guitarist.
    But they all liked me! :bassist:
  6. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Hahaha no dude. Andy is the bassist for HORSE. He's a good guy. He takes influences from Les Claypool / Jaco / Victor Wooten / etc.

Enjoy the HORSE show, they're extremely good and give Andy some gobstoppers if you get the chance, he'll love you forever. Tell them Chris from Orlando said hi.

Thanks haha.
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I would say those were THE best compliments.

You have a nice ass is probably the best.