New band mp3

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Dec 30, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    This is a 4 MB mp3 of my new band.

We're looking to start playing out in a month, or so. We are planning on doing mostly original tunes with a few adventurous covers thrown in for good measure, so we need to get some more material to fill out a couple of hours before we get out around town.

I'm very pleased with what we've accomplished so far, and playing with this trio compliments my other band very nicely, and gives me a chance to stretch out a bit, and use some of my wackier toys (8 string fretless, VBass, etc).

And, both guys are great players and ego free. I feel for all of you guys who have to deal with idiots, and ego freaks.
  2. Aces, G. Lookin' forward to seein' you guys live!
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice jam... I really dig it!
  4. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Thanks! This was actually the second version. The first was even crazier, but it fell apart after the solo. Still a nice recording, though.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, i'm checking the tune out right now...sounds really cool! the intro sounds a lot like some of the stuff the brass section would play when i was doing drum and bugle corps. which bass are you playing?

and about playing with egomaniacs, i know exacly what you mean...i play with 5 other guys (including one gal) that are all great and are all about the song. it's great
  6. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Thanks, Neptoon. That's the MIA 75 reissue Jazz with overwound Fralins, JRetro, and TI Jazz Rounds.
  7. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    I dig it. All three of ya are playing some really cool stuff, I'm liking the interaction between you guys. Was this song improvised or written out beforehand?

For a nine minute song it's not dragging at all, it rolls along nicely. I like the recording quality too, very warm and clean. The Fender sounds super sweet!

Cool tune man. :)
  8. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I dig it man. Nice playing, good sound, and you guys are really playing off each other.

Come to Seattle so I can see you. :)
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

wow, no kiddin'...the uber jazz just sounds off the hook, man...and the other two-thirds sound really good as well. where did you find those guys?

you know, i find myself playing my guitarist's '76 jazz at rehearsal a lot. it sounds awesome, but it's just too darn big :D okay, i'm a dwarf, sue me... ;)
  10. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah cool tune.. I like it alot.. neat and unique sound.. keep them comming
  11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's some pretty wacky stuff, there jason. cool, in a turquoise lucite 5 foot bong sorta way. :)
  12. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Geez--I did post the 9 minute song, didn't I?

Thanks for all the nice comments.

The basic changes were written out, but the beginning, and solo section just kinda happened. We basically just gave each other queues to change to different parts. Not bad for the 5th time playing as a trio, if I say so my own damn self.

The drummer and I have played together on and off for about 10 years. He has an amazing ear and can really play some tasty stuff. You should hear the stuff we did back when we were in college! :eek: He's actually the drummer in my other band, too.

The guitar player got my number from our other guitar player at the local instrument repair shop where Jake works (he made the guitar in the recording). He was complaining that he couldn't find a rhythm section, so Jason said he could "borrow" us since we didn't really ever practice for our steady gig, anyway.

So, now I'm in two bands that I love playing with. I'm a pretty lucky guy. :D

We just recorded one of our practices (4 tracks direct to the computer), so there should be plenty more where this came from.
  13. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Ain't technology grand? :D
  14. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Sounds great man! :)
  15. meltsakana

Sep 3, 2002
    That little bit of you noodling in the beginning of the song, is that just fingerstyle playing? And the version I DLed isn't 9 minutes.