Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Band, need songs

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mattsk42, Jun 7, 2005.

1. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Hey we're just starting. I think we're all pretty talented and can do any "regular" skill level song. If not, we can work on it. So, what songs are fairly good beginner/middle level ones that work in a band? Or, what songs did your band start with? Ours is a 1 to 2 guitar, bass, drums, and piano. We have 2 tenors to sing. Just throw out some suggestions. Can be anything other than hard hard rock.

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    So ... you're looking for Southern Gospel worship tunes?

Or Zydecho? Classic Polkas?

I think you need to let folks know what kind of music you want to play, and for what audience, if you want an intelligent answer.

3. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Hey thanks for a reply. It really doesn't matter as long as it's not overly extreme. I guess we're just playing for fun. How about.... "light rock, pop, and classic non-metal rock" for starters. Just throw out any suggestions. I don't know what all has a piano in it either, so any suggestions w/ those would be helpful. Specific songs would be best if you can think of any. Thanks!

4. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Opeth - Serenity Painted Death :D hahaha

No seriously...

Opeth - Credence
    or anything of the Damnation album.

Oog

5. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    with bass, guitar, drum, piano and 2 singers, you could pull of any Beatles song.

6. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    crappy song, first one my band learned, When I Come around-Greenday. VERY easy. also All the small things. also easy.