Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New band!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Mar 11, 2005.

1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Well, interesting story- My TB bumper sticker got me a new band oppurtunity! I was sitting at a stop light chillin and a guy pulls up next to me and asks me if I'm a bass player (cause of teh TB bumper sticker), and he says he's putting his blues band back togather and needs a bassist. Anyway, fast forward a few weeks...We get talkin and then I finally went out and jammed with him for a few hours tonight, and things went really smooth! It's exactly the kind of gig I had been looking for- some good original bluesy stuff and a few tasteful covers. I'll meet the rest of the band shortly and get some full practices going after the vocalist/rythm guitar player and I get some tunes down good. These guys are really professional and have a decent cd out as well. Being a college student in a band fo middle-aged guys will be different, but it is welcome change for all the pot-obsessed losers that can't take anythign seriously I keep running into. Now to get a new RIG!! My poor wallet...

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Congrats!

So was it the classic Blues Brothers line? "We're putting the band back together!"

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Heh... not quite, but it is a blues band ;)

4. Not every pot smoker is a bum-loser skid-high school flunky dufus etc... It might have had to do with pot but, it mainly (most likely) had to do with them being losers, unmotivated ones at that.... motivation isn't an issue for me... Hard knock man.... :( :bassist:
    That's awesome btw that you were able to hook up with some serious guys and blues to boot, I'm geniunely happy for you,... maybe I should get a talkbass sticker and stick it to my forehead..... It's that hard in my town/city/*hithole....
    Congrats!

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Sojhen, if oyu read a little more carefully, I was speaking of the guys that are more interested in getting hi than playing music (the unmotivated losers). My personal preferances aside, getting toked all through a practice is not a terribly professional or considerate action. The combination of being unorganized and and un-reliable alogn with it isn't my ideal situation. :) Besides, pot smoke gives me headaches, haha.

6. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Hey that's great! Have fun. I should get a bumper sticker myself. My band is on the verge of a break up.

7. kansas666

kansas666

Sep 20, 2004

Let's see....a bunch of middle aged guys playing blues.....nah....there won't be any pot smoking there :rollno: