1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by deathbassist, Apr 14, 2010.

1. So i tried out for this band this last week ( a metal band) and they are pretty good. But there seems like there may be problems. for example the rythem guitarist has no idea what he is playing he just plays random stuff that dosn't really have anything to do with what the lead guitarist is playing. The drummer is good there are no problems with him (he plays bass but thier drummer quit so now i'm bass ) I get along with the lead guitarist and drummer i could jam with them no problem but with the lead guitarist it was just so random not even the songs they play and he apparently hasn't been to practice but a couple of times in the past 3 weeks. and the bad part is since he dosn't know what he's doing he's not gonna be very good on April 23rd which is my very first show ever! But other than that the vocalists ( both are scream) are cool but it's just the rythem. Also this band had a show back in march which i missed and apparently they didn't do so good because of the rythem guitarist didn't know what to play! and then the rythem blamed that he didn't have rythem because he couldn't hear the bass when his amp is way bigger than everybody else's (i borrowed the drummers bass amp). Then if that's not enough he likes to fool around with the setting and pedal while we are playing in the middle of the song! Then when i was just jaming with him he would speed up the song the really slow it down then speed it back up again while me and the drummer are keeping it realitivaly the same except in parts where it actually slew down! But other than the exeption of the rythem guitarist the band is pretty awesome, i get to play crazy stuff and they are heavy heavy, can't wait until my first show though (hope the rythem dosn't ruin it)

2. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    Sounds like a description of most young bands out there to me. Four people playing four songs while someone else sings a completely different song. I would stick with them, they are probably going to be famous. Smile, life is short. :)

3. Sorry..can't help myself

it's rhythm

The whole thing sounds like a recipe for disaster

4. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    unplug the rythm gui****s amp at the show.

5. hahaha

6. if they want to play that style then the guitarists should be sitting down together by themselves and working out their parts until they are down......

if the bass cannot be heard it's time to get the monitor situation settled,or turn down so that everyone can hear during rehearsal......rehearsals are where you shake out all the flubs so your performances will be on target

7. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Why is the rhythm player still in the band?

8. idk why he's still in the band..the other guitarist wants him out and i think i will unplug his amp at the show...thanx ..xxfaux punkxx

i'll tell you guys if the show is a disaster or it goes pretty good!