Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Dec 8, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I've been looking for some new people to jam with since it seemed like my last band just informally dissolved once our lead player moved to Maine. Well, it's been rough trying to find a new band. It seemed like all of the guys they were doing stuff that sounded interesting lived an hour and a half away, and the few local guys who got ahold of me weren't really doing anything that interest me. Well, I've been anxiously waiting for the new edition of Pennsylvania Musician (our local musiczine) to come out, so I could check out the classifieds. When it finally went online I found a band that was looking. I called the number up. Apprently it was a lady singer and her husband played drums. I talked to her for about a half hour. It seemed that we were totally speaking the same language as far as goals, attitude, and views on music. I went up last night just to talk and listen to the original music they had already recorded. I can say that I'm already excited about this musical project. These people are total pros. The stuff they recorded I would describe as a cross between Heart (guess you can't away from that comparison with a female singer) and Montrose. They showed some home recordings they did of older gigs, and it put the icining on the cake that they definatley were serious performers. Now they seem to want to do things in a more Blues/Classic Rock direction. I even asked about doing a Rush tune. Preferably What You're Doing as I always wanted to cover that song. Turns out they already know the tune!

The only thing is a lead guitarist. She said she was thinking about giving this one guy a call. She told me his name. Turns out, I did a recording project with him. It would definatley be cool playing with someone I'm familiar with. Well, just wanted to talk about my possible future gig, which is sounding very cool at the moment.

2. Zodion

Zodion

Aug 9, 2014
    New York
    I'm from the future going back in time. How did that gig turn out?

3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Slumming on the dark side again, eh?

Good luck. Either these husband/wife projects are great because it's easier to get everything together, or it ends up being a soap opera - here's hoping for door #1.

Zodion likes this.
  4. Zodion

Zodion

Aug 9, 2014
    New York
    Lol even my talkbass set up is the DARK one. Hanging out here in no man's land is fun because you never know what you'll see and maybe encounter some wisdom and inspiration :bassist: