Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Basic 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BernardJohnson, Jun 7, 2001.

1. BernardJohnson

BernardJohnson

Jan 9, 2001
    Hey fellow bass players,

I'll be picking up my new Peavey Basic 112 compo amp today...I play thru a SWR in the church, however I needed something more portable to travel with. After searching around for the right combo, I checked out the 112 and I like the new features they added. The cabinet is the same as before except with post EQ EFX loop, ported cab and ext. speaker jack to run to another cab. Those features plus the sound was enough for me to say OK, also priced new at $239.00.......My previous amp was a Ampeg B-112...the head fried so I got rid of the head and kept the cabinet. With the ext speaker I can run 2 x 12 now. Once I get it and hook everything up I'll let you all know how it sounds.

Best to you all....BJ

2. gowerski

gowerski

Nov 27, 2000
    What do you stand for BJ?

hehehe (sorry always wanted to say that to someone who refers to themselves as bj) hehe
    :)

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    That looks pretty good... as I was questing for a small amp to lug around with me I looked very closely at a Basic 12. I decided instead to modify my small quantum amp (from 12w into 6.5" spkr ... to about 20w into 2 8" speakers).

But if this doesn't work out as I am hoping then I may go your route too. :)

4. BernardJohnson

BernardJohnson

Jan 9, 2001
    Hey bass players,

To start off I'm BJ (Bernard Johnson).....my family and friends call me BJ.....the new B 112 is nice...and like I said it has a ext. speaker jack...last night I played with a friend of mine...I used the B112 and my 12" cab to make a 2 x 12 set-up...it was cool!!! and had a nice tone to my jazz.....well I guess this will be my set-up for a while.

All The Best to you All....BJ

5. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    any relation to our brad johnson?

6. My practice amp is a 3 year old Basic 112 - it's just great.

Congrats on your purchase - John

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    You guys really need to get a grip;)

8. i used to have a basic 112. I sold it when i upgraded to a eden rig. It was surprizingly loud for a 50w combo amp. I played with pre-amp at 7, and master at 8. It had hardly any distortion. only problem, was it started to get the "boxy" sound. It competed very will with a loud drummer, and even louder guitar player.

9. Anyone know where I can buy these Basic 112's on the net?